Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First reloads! :)

Bolted_Down

Well...Joined up a few days ago and I've been looking for an opportunity to jump into the conversation, so here goes...

I 've been lurking here for about 6 months. Stopped by the first time because of the extensive info on Dillon reloading equipment. This forum has been a great resource for me in getting started reloading.

Have had my 550 for a while now, but due to a probationary period at work and not knowing whether I'd still have a job due to budget cut layoffs, I did not bench mount it until about a week ago.

So, using my time wisely all these many months I was able to get the basics down. Then, finding out a week ago that I'll have a secure job into the foreseeable future(wheeeewww), I reloaded my first run of 9mm...and gave the test batch a range trial this morning.

9mm Luger

Federal once fired brass

115gr Berry MFG Preferred Plated RN

CCI 500 SP primer

4.5 gr Hodgdon HP38

COL: 1.110

I was impressed!

Just a plinking load, but performed every bit as good as the factory range ball I was using for a side by side comparison! In fact my loads were a bit more accurate at both 7 and 15 yards.

No hiccups or cycling problems in my XD9 Tactical and no adverse indicators from the brass I collected and examined.

Did a full run of 100 tonight of the same load. Lovin' the new hobby!

Thanks for the read...

:cheers:

I wouldn't let SingleStack anywhere near it with a loaded gun..

Come on don't leave us hanging... Yours or his?

Haha I remember watching a fellow NAIL his chrono at the range one time with his new hunting rifle. Apparently he forgot that the bore is actually a few inches LOWER than the scope itself is.

Congrats on the first reloads! It's a very satisfying feeling shooting rounds you made yourself. Show off to your friends. Make sure to rub in their face how much you pay for ammo compared to them.

I wouldn't let SingleStack anywhere near it with a loaded gun..

Come on don't leave us hanging... Yours or his?

Haha I remember watching a fellow NAIL his chrono at the range one time with his new hunting rifle. Apparently he forgot that the bore is actually a few inches LOWER than the scope itself is.

Congrats on the first reloads! It's a very satisfying feeling shooting rounds you made yourself. Show off to your friends. Make sure to rub in their face how much you pay for ammo compared to them.

His, in front of a crowd of the "usual suspects". The ones that didn't see the explosion were immediately notified.. :roflol:

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. Getting my .45 dies in tomorrow...the production line is rolling off a few more 9mm as we speak.

:cheers:

The ones that didn't see the explosion were immediately notified.. :roflol:

ROFL! Sounds just like the guys I go to the range with...