Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Glock 35 Trigger For The $$

Chris_Andersen

You can do it yourself for the cost of polishing compound (Simichrome) and get eighty percent of what you can buy.

Add a reduced power firing pin spring and you get most of the rest.

These percentages sound a little optimistic to me...for one, they don't account for the significant benefits of the over-travel screw Charlie sets up. FWIW, I run two of Charlie's triggers and a number of Glocks in various configurations from polished stock, to ones with connector and spring changes.

For my money, Charlie's triggers are about as good as a tuned Glock trigger is going to get. They run at 100 percent and stay that way...I have over 25K rounds on one of his triggers and with only spring replacement on normal intervals, it functions as perfectly as when new and all safeties work as intended...something I can't say about other triggers I have tried. His service is top notch, as well.

Curtis

What is the suggested spring replacement interval?

Thanks,

Jan

What is the suggested spring replacement interval?

New Years Day. A new recoil spring assembly for my G35. The old one goes into my G17. New OEM trigger springs and Wolf reduced power

striker springs all around. :cheers:

P.S. mag springs get replaced every other year roughly. Works for me....

Jim

polish the stock one up and be done.

i can crank the fastest splits ive ever recorded with a stock trigger (.09 seconds fwiw)

i have a copy(self made) based of a vanek trigger from a blown up gun. and it lights everything so long as they are seated flush with the case head. I actually prefer my primers seated a bit under flush but its preference.

i shoot my best when i have to "work" the trigger a bit.

i get lazier when the trigger gets lighter than say 3 pounds

I had a G34 that I installed a Vanek Classic Grandmaster trigger kit. Sold it to my nephew. Round count with the trigger kit is now just over 10,000 and the gun has not had a single malfunction of ANY kind. No springs replaced yet either. YMMV

Edited to add:

I've got another G34 on the way and have already ordered the Vanek Classic Grandmaster trigger kit for it. Buy from Charlie with confidence. :cheers:

Edited by baerburtchell

I have Charlie Vanek's trigger also. Great trigger, FANTASTIC customer service. I haven't shot any others (except my own trigger jobs), but after installing Charlie's trigger I don't want to!! Spend the money, do it right, get a Vanek.

z-

The best trigger, at any price? Charlie Vanek.

The best bang for the buck? Polish/stone it yourself and add an aftermarket spring kit.

At this point, I'm too cheap to spring for a Vanek trigger when I feel my own polishing/stoning job with a dremel, jeweler's rouge, and polishing stone were pretty good (about 2.5-3.0 lbs, crisp, with a 5lb connector, or about 2.0-2.5 lbs, mushy, with a 3lb connector).

I spent a few years working with the usual mods i.e Ghost connector, dremel polishing, springs etc before trying a friend's Vanek GM trigger. I bought the Classic GM kit the next week. Reliability has been great, with zero failures. Charlie is a real nice guy who calls you back personally if you have any problems.