Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 9L

Sarge

For those who qualify Budspolicesupply.com has them in stock.

That's a pretty good price. I got my Pro from them for $500 shipped a while back.

For those that aren't familiar with them, they don't only sell to LE. This is the list they have on their website showing qualifying customers:

Active Military personnel - all branches

Retired Military personnel - all branches

National Guard personnel - all branches

Military Reserve personnel - all branches

Fire Fighters - including volunteers

Paramedics and EMTs

TSA Employees

Commercial Pilots

Federal Flight Deck Officers

Court Judges

District and Deputy District Attorneys

All sworn Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal

All retired Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal

All Corrections Officers

State Licensed Security Companies

You can get them a bit cheaper going directly through S&W with their fed/le program, but you'll end up waiting a while. My Pro was $25 less than Bart's directly from S&W, but took about 2 months to recieve it. Had I known about Budd's at the time I would have gone that route instead of waiting, I'm impatient like that. Come to think of it, S&W quoted me two different prices during the ordering process, both closer to Bart's, then the actual charge was less than both of em, not gonna try to figure that one out.

If I get another one, I'll be getting it through Budds.

You can get them a bit cheaper going directly through S&W with their fed/le program, but you'll end up waiting a while. My Pro was $25 less than Bart's directly from S&W, but took about 2 months to recieve it. Had I known about Budd's at the time I would have gone that route instead of waiting, I'm impatient like that. Come to think of it, S&W quoted me two different prices during the ordering process, both closer to Bart's, then the actual charge was less than both of em, not gonna try to figure that one out.

I have not been happy with S&W when it comes to their LE program. I have been trying for months to get an order form but every time I email them I am told a new procedure is in the works. I have been promised they will contact me when the ordering system is back up but it sounds like they have been taking orders.

And the waiting thing is annoying as well. It seems they don't ship you a gun you order until they make that particular gun again. All I wanted was a little 642 and was told they would make another batch in May or June. Bud's has one for only $375 so it is not worth the hassles of S&W in my opinion.

I have not been happy with S&W when it comes to their LE program. I have been trying for months to get an order form but every time I email them I am told a new procedure is in the works. I have been promised they will contact me when the ordering system is back up but it sounds like they have been taking orders.

And the waiting thing is annoying as well. It seems they don't ship you a gun you order until they make that particular gun again. All I wanted was a little 642 and was told they would make another batch in May or June. Bud's has one for only $375 so it is not worth the hassles of S&W in my opinion.

Customer service knows nothing about their LE program, if you get some one from CS on the phone, don't even bother, just ask to be transferred directly to the LE sales dept. Can't remember the lady's name off the top of my head, but while rushed, she did answer my questions and point me in the right direction to get the forms etc.

Here's the order form.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWes.../Order_Form.pdf

Here's the non duty weapon affadavit.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWes...y_Affidavit.pdf

Print out the order form, print affadavit on company letterhead, fill em out and fax em in with FFL info. I called em once to find out what I had to include as far as ID etc, and once later to get a price, that's it. Forms are kinda hard to find on their site, here's a link to the page.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...sectionId=14151

I ordered mine 9 months ago, got it 2 months later or there abouts.

Like I said, if I had it to do over again I'd go through Budds to avoid the wait, but, the S&W program can save you a bit more if you aren't in a hurry. While it may sound like a big deal to go through, it wasn't really that bad, just a matter of getting the right person on the phone to help.

Customer service knows nothing about their LE program, if you get some one from CS on the phone, don't even bother, just ask to be transferred directly to the LE sales dept. Can't remember the lady's name off the top of my head, but while rushed, she did answer my questions and point me in the right direction to get the forms etc.

Here's the order form.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWes.../Order_Form.pdf

Here's the non duty weapon affadavit.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWes...y_Affidavit.pdf

Print out the order form, print affadavit on company letterhead, fill em out and fax em in with FFL info. I called em once to find out what I had to include as far as ID etc, and once later to get a price, that's it. Forms are kinda hard to find on their site, here's a link to the page.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...sectionId=14151

I ordered mine 9 months ago, got it 2 months later or there abouts.

Like I said, if I had it to do over again I'd go through Budds to avoid the wait, but, the S&W program can save you a bit more if you aren't in a hurry. While it may sound like a big deal to go through, it wasn't really that bad, just a matter of getting the right person on the phone to help.

Her initials are JW. She is definitely not customer service. She is with Government sales division. Last contact with her was in Feb which stated she had my info and would notify me as soon as I could order. Just FYI.

I may just email her now to see what she says this time.

• 1 month later...
For those who qualify Budspolicesupply.com has them in stock.

That's a pretty good price. I got my Pro from them for $500 shipped a while back.

For those that aren't familiar with them, they don't only sell to LE. This is the list they have on their website showing qualifying customers:

Active Military personnel - all branches

Retired Military personnel - all branches

National Guard personnel - all branches

Military Reserve personnel - all branches

Fire Fighters - including volunteers

Paramedics and EMTs

TSA Employees

Commercial Pilots

Federal Flight Deck Officers

Court Judges

District and Deputy District Attorneys

All sworn Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal

All retired Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal

All Corrections Officers

State Licensed Security Companies

I dont have any military or police experiance and i paid 531 for my 9l from buds

I purchased my 9L through Bud's and they were very pleasant to work with. I saved on the credit card charge by paying with a money order (I held the pistol with my credit card though). Once they received payment, they shipped it right away. I will not hesitate to do business with them again.