Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Glock w/Dawson sights

HRider

I am looking for a Kydex holster for a Glock 17 that has a large enough sight channel for Dawson sights. I just put the sights on my pistol last weekend and it doesn't fit the holster anymore.

I tried the search function, but didn't see much about the sight channels.

Hurley

Are you looking for a carry holster or a competition holster? Most Kydex holsters will accommodate the sights.

For carry, I like Blackhawk Serpa holsters

For competition I like BladeTech with or without the DOH attachement

Are you looking for a carry holster or a competition holster? Most Kydex holsters will accommodate the sights.

I am looking for a competition holster that would be suitable for USPSA production. I have an old kydex holster (has no markings on it, belt loop is molded in, otherwise looks like a Blade-tech) that I have used this gun with. I have mainly used this gun/gear setup as a loaner for new shooters/guests at our club for the last few years. Given the current primer situation and since I still have a few thousand rounds 9mm, I decided to put a set of sights on it and use it. Now that I will have to buy a new holster, I just wanted to see what would work before I order anything.

Hurley

You cannot go wrong with the Blade-Tech DOH holster. I believe it's still the most popular in production. I have one for my 35 and 17. It fits the Dawson sights with no issue at all, the sight relief is VERY generous in that holster as well. I can't imagine anything not fitting.

Word of advice though if you go this route get the 34/35 holster as it'll be more flexible down the road or if you ever sell it. The added 3/4 you'll never notice on the 17.

I am looking for a competition holster that would be suitable for USPSA production. I have an old kydex holster (has no markings on it, belt loop is molded in, otherwise looks like a Blade-tech) that I have used this gun with. I have mainly used this gun/gear setup as a loaner for new shooters/guests at our club for the last few years. Given the current primer situation and since I still have a few thousand rounds 9mm, I decided to put a set of sights on it and use it. Now that I will have to buy a new holster, I just wanted to see what would work before I order anything.

Hurley

:cheers: As a loaner a fobus would serve you well. It was my first holster and i did like it. Its not the most expensive but it is still constructed well and functions. Fobus tends to be a little tight on the trigger guard. All the holster listed above are great. Thanks for helping new shooters out, the more voices the louder we are. :sight:

Give Sidearmor holsters a look. They have a very high site channel and now they make a drop offset attachment for their OWB modular holsters. I have been using Sidearmor for a few years now in production and I like them a lot. You can set the cant angle of the holster just about anywhere you want up to 60 degrees I believe.

They are very well made and have a nice finish on them for a formed Kydex holster. They are so finely cut and finished they look like an injection molded holster.

check them out at www.sidearmor.com.

They also have a speed cut option where more of the front of the holster is cut away.