Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Round of Layoffs!

uscbigdawg

Layoffs are bad enough, although I was a contract employee ("consultant") at my last job, so not eligible for unemployment benefits when it ended, oh, 18 months ago. Still looking.

(i.e. GA or TX)
Georgia generally is not as hot as, but more humid than Texas, unless it is Houston, which approximates "swamp". I moved my wife (who lived her whole life in Ca) to central Texas and she loves it. The move from Ca to Tx came after I was laid off (to get back on topic).

Lee

Rich, We would love to have you guys come to Georgia. As you know there are plenty of shooting opps here, not to mention some really great people. Don't listen to XRE he is just mad cuz he don't live here anymore. :roflol:

Good Luck!!!!

Nothing wrong with San Antonio. I would move there if my profession was avail there. Lots of places to shoot and work. I just get paid pretty well and don't want to start over.

I have never been to Ga, but anywhere is better than Ca.

Mike

Red Rock (Austin) is very high on the list

Rich

Rich, do not confuse Red Rock with Round Rock. Red Rock is close to Austin, love to have you out here (I can hook you up with a real estate guy who knows which properties have shooting restrictions), but pretty sure you meant Round Rock.

My sister-in-law is about an hour south of Atlanta, and her hubbie commutes in every day. Its like most big cities - try to work on the edge of town, live outside, but use the city resources when necessary (e.g., airport).

Lee

Rich, We would love to have you guys come to Georgia. As you know there are plenty of shooting opps here, not to mention some really great people. Don't listen to XRE he is just mad cuz he don't live here anymore. :roflol:

:rolleyes: Oh, for God's sake: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramblin%27_Wr...om_Georgia_Tech

You should not expect any other response to any form of UGA propaganda from a Yellow Jacket. <_<

Bobby - I'm sold on GA...'cept the rather large problem of no shooting near Savannah! <_<:angry2:

Rich

Rich,

We're aways from Savannah but some folks from up there frequent our matches. Then you have Columbia, SC (Jack Suber's match) to the north (like 2.5 hrs) and CAPS, Fireant's match to the south (77 miles).

Come to the southeast. We have a beer pending.

Well according to Bobby, I'm spoiled rotten. Between living in CA where I can get to 4-5 matches per month in about a 30-40 minute drive, Arizona where I can shoot 4-5 matches a week in 20 minutes and North Carolina where heck...we had a USPSA club on Fort Bragg, that driving 1-2 hours for a match is "normal". I suppose it wouldn't be so bad, if I can find a public range or someone's property to shoot/practice on.

Georgia is definitely in the lead, but we're looking more towards Atlanta than Savannah. Yes...for the shooting. :D Cherokee and South River are just too nice not to consider as home ranges.

Rich