Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thanks Jay Della Bella and My 1st Cup

lrjet

post-8237-1243607827_thumb.jpgpost-8237-1243607838_thumb.jpgFirst off thanks Jay and the guys on this forum that pointed me in his direction on building me an Open Cup Pistol. I received the gun bout 2 weeks prior so Jay set it up already to go. First day on the Practical was great dropped 6 points. Second day was a disaster. I should of cleaned the plates because that is what I can practice at home. Missed 2 plates--mad at myself and made a newb mistake of not putting a Fresh mag in at the 20. Went prone got the first plate then the slide locked back--knew at that point my week was done. Got the rest of the plates-sheesh who cares now. About gave Jay a heart attack because he thought my pistol malfunctioned. Told him it wasn't the gun it was me. Jay smiled and said bet you wont do that again and Welcome to Bianchi Cup. I walked away thinking this game is so unforgiving and brutal not like other's but that is the allure to it I guess. Rest of the events were for practice now. What a fun week first class facility, the staff ran it like clockwork and were very nice. Good time seeing all the pro/sponsored shooters and man they were all there. Great sponsors that made this happen and put a lot of money on the table. To the top guys shooting for X's to determine man you guys are a different breed impressive. Speed shoot was a hoot to watch. Rob and Phil were funny. Max did a 1.7 I think. Met some new people and a few from Japan which was pretty neat. Nice to see shooters from across the pond. Anyway great time and I wanted to plug Jays gun for him it is really nice, accurate (shown group 50yds) and this thing has never malfunctioned. I have run about 1500 rounds so far. He machined the comp himself that works very nice. He must know how to fit a Kart barrel due to the tight groups. Thanks to all that put in a lot of hard work to make this happen. Edited by lrjet

Sounds like you had a great time at the cup and gained some valuable experience. That is one sweet looking gun that looks pretty darn accurate too. I hope to make it to the cup next year.

Edited by speculatorking

Congraats.....It seems you did a great job, especially to have not gotten the gun till two weeks prior. I haven't shot the CUP in 10 years but have given it a thought for next year. It is the most pressure, but the most fun I've ever had in shooting. What load did you use. Again..way-to-go. :cheers:

Congraats.....It seems you did a great job, especially to have not gotten the gun till two weeks prior. I haven't shot the CUP in 10 years but have given it a thought for next year. It is the most pressure, but the most fun I've ever had in shooting. What load did you use. Again..way-to-go. :cheers:

Well if I received the gun 8 months earlier it prolly wouldnt of made a difference :-) It is a fun game. I used 4.9 of N320 with a 115 XTP. Jay had it set with 5.4 of HP38 both worked great. About 1225 with HP and 1150 with N320. Think the barrel is about 6". Be nice to see 200 plus shooters next year.

very interesting. jay works across the river from me. i didn't know he was a pistol mechanic.

Jay has been working on guns for a long time. I remember he was the guy who showed me how to field strip a 1911 years ago.

Is that a super or 9x19?

It is a 38 super

Great looking and performing gun... is the grip a RoCo Master with an extension fitted ?

Yeah Jay did a great job couldnt be happier. Think it is a RoCo same as a Knill if I got the name right-Jay put it on. I added the maple extension.