Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington 1100 TAC 4 Vs. Remington 1100 CM

Vince S.

I have been looking for a remington 1100 Competition Master, it is no longer in the remington catalog. However, I have seen the remington 1100 TAC 4. It appears to be same or very similar gun. Does anyone know the differences between the two if any? Am I better off looking for a used 1100 CM or picking up new a Tac 4 which I found for under $800.00? Thanks any comments or thoughts are appreciated.

I have been looking for a remington 1100 Competition Master, it is no longer in the remington catalog. However, I have seen the remington 1100 TAC 4. It appears to be same or very similar gun. Does anyone know the differences between the two if any? Am I better off looking for a used 1100 CM or picking up new a Tac 4 which I found for under $800.00? Thanks any comments or thoughts are appreciated.

:cheers: I went to the Remm web sight and they are the same gun. I beleive the Tac 4 has a pistol grip or at least that option and is in black instead of grey as the original. You can't go wrong with either gun, keep lots of OOOOOOring on hand and change them often.

A buddy bought a TAC 4 when he couldn't find a CM last year. The top of the receiver on the TAC is checkered or serrated, can't remember which, and is drilled and tapped for a receiver mount if you wanted to put one there. Pretty much cosmetic, significantly the same gun. I like to run mine pretty wet, and get your o-rings form Eric at truegrip.