Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's going to work in my 24?

HighVelocity

I've put together a Glock 24 to shoot Limited on a tight budget. I've got a Storm Lake barrel in it and plan to shoot 180gr cast lead flat point bullets, because I already have them.

Here are the powders that I have:

Titegroup

Clays

Unique

AA #2

Bullseye

I would like to run this gun in a match on Saturday if I can get some ammo together. My press is set up for 10mm so I'll have to change to small primer feed and adjust the dies, obviously.

Any advise?

Thanks

try 3.8 TG over 180 lead flat point at 1.125" its going to smoke like a chimney but for what your doing, it should be OK

If your barrel will take longer loads, go for it....Mine would not unless the barrel was reamed.

Harmon

I am running a G35 with a Strom Lake barrel, with the following loads

Magma 180 LFN cast from WW

2.9 Grs of Clays

Mixed range brass

WSP primers

I am getting 735 FPS at 10 Ft for a power factor of 132.

Accuracy is good, less the 2 inches at 20 yards

This is a SOFT load and the brass drops less then 3 feet from the fired position

Edited by Beans

How would Unique work with black bullets from Black Bullets International? How would the smoke be, (if anyone has tried)?

I use Unique with black moly coated and bare lead bullets with very good results.

THREAD DRIFT OFF

Jim

I am running a G35 with a Strom Lake barrel, with the following loads

Magma 180 LFN cast from WW

2.9 Grs of Clays

Mixed range brass

WSP primers

I am getting 735 FPS at 10 Ft for a power factor of 132.

Accuracy is good, less the 2 inches at 20 yards

This is a SOFT load and the brass drops less then 3 feet from the fired position

I would also surmise this won't cycle the G24. With the aftermarket barrel, it won't consistantly lock up with any recoil spring under 15lbs. This is too soft a load to cycle it.

Stick with the Unique of the powders you have on hand for the lead. It's more than going to take .1 to .2 grains less than the posted load since the G24's barrel is longer. This was consistant with any load compaired to to my G35 and G24 with KKM barrel.

1.135 is a good OAL for 40 cal in a Glock. I'm not sure about the throat of the Storm Lake barrel, but I know this length worked well with multiple types of bullets in OEM and KKM barrels and Glock mags.