Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 or XD 9mm tatical

Both are quality pistols. I echo the others in saying that you/she really needs to handle and shoot both before making a decision. The grip angles (to me) are night and day different. With that said, I carry and shoot Glocks because they just flat out work for me.

I put about 60,000 rds through an XD tactical and while I think they make goos match guns, my experience has been that they break too frequently . Mine broke

1. trigger bar

2. 2 barrel lugs

3. The roll pin on top of the slide, I think related to the firing pin/striker

The trigger bar and roll pin both broke within 10,000 and rendered the gun completely inoperable

The XD has too many parts and any advanced disassembly can be complicated, it was for me anyway

The glock has more after market parts, is easier to work on and is more reliable. If you want a trigger job on a glock, you order parts from the internet and pop them in your gun.

My wife has an XD 4 inch gun, it is a stainless slide with about 10,000 rds through it or less and it has never had any problems.

I have 2 XDs (one a tactical) sitting in the safe, and I shoot a glock 17

Both are fine pistols and have great reputations... but one has a reputation for breaking now and then, and the other has a reputation for breaking almost never...

Both are fine pistols and have great reputations... but one has a reputation for breaking now and then, and the other has a reputation for breaking almost never...

And that is just the fact that glocks do break now and then.

Rich

All guns can break. You can get a good one or bad one from any manufacturer. My G17 has broken parts several times and hasn't that many rounds through it. My G26 ran 100% with everything I fed it with a similar round count. (Yeah, I got rid of the wrong Glock)

Try out the guns you are interested in and get the one you like best.

Craig

G22; I live in the Longview area (White Oak) and have a XD9 tactical that you and your wife are welcome to shoot. if you're interested just shoot me a PM and we can get together out at the range.