Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Losing a good pocket knife...

Aristotle

Not the first time I've lost a good pocket knife, but I really liked my MLEK. :( I feel naked without it now. Lost somewhere either on the bus, or the 2 block from the bus stop at my store, which would have been the only time I reached in my pants for the keys. :( sucks

I know how you feel. I lost my Kershaw 1660 on a ride at Disney World. I did not notice it until about 1/2 hour later and we were on our way to another part of the park. I missed that thing for the rest of the trip, but ordered a new one as soon as I got home.

Randy

Lost a good a knife for about 2 weeks a couple months ago. I too thought it had came out when I reached for my keys. I found it in the couch one night looking for the remote. It was like having a new knife all over again when I found my trusty friend. :wub::cheers:

AL

Front door got kicked in about two weeks ago. Lost my Sebenza and my old black Spyderco Police. Both have my name engraved in them, so if you happen to see something labeled "Wakal" on eBay... :cheers:

Ordered a ZT/Kershaw 300 today; happy birthday to me. I'd rather have that beat up old black Sypderco back though, damn it.

Alex

I know how you feel. I lost my Kershaw 1660 on a ride at Disney World. I did not notice it until about 1/2 hour later and we were on our way to another part of the park. I missed that thing for the rest of the trip, but ordered a new one as soon as I got home.

Randy

How in the heck did you get a knife in to Disney World ??? I'm getting ready to go in 2 weeks, but I figured that place was more secure than an airport !!!!

Randy

How in the heck did you get a knife in to Disney World ??? I'm getting ready to go in 2 weeks, but I figured that place was more secure than an airport !!!!

Been to Disneyland for a 3 day trip, and to Disneyworld twice for 5days and 2 days. They looked into our bags, but I was not about to let someone put their hand in my pocket. Wore it clipped to my pocket while in the park.

Figured my Kershaw was the next best thing to my 1911. I was not about to go on vacation with my wife and child without one or the other.

Randy

• 3 weeks later...

Not really a 'pocket' knife, but when I was in the service I had a decent made butterfly. I was playing around trying to get good at the action and closed it on my finger! Nice cut and scar on my right ring finger. Lost it on a job site about ten years later, but I have a permanent reminder of it!!! :roflol:

I've lost several, usually in airports to TSA <_<

You'd think I'd learn.

Fortunately I never spend more than $20 on a knife. It's amazing what a good knife $20 can buy these days.

R.C.

I feel your pain man. I've lost a few really nice Kershaw's. After the third one, I just started buying the $18 gerber at walmart. It's good enough to hold a decent edge, but I don't feel bad if I lose one because I can get another any time I need to.

• 2 weeks later...