Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most popular matches since 2005

hopalong

Since, we've been talking about it in the MS classic thread I thought I'd do some snooping around.

Here are the numbers I came up with:

Averaged out from 2005, when the "revolution" seems to have begun.

Nationals: 30.25

AreaMatches:

1-----------------11.75

2-----------------8

3-----------------8

4-----------------4 (funny since this was in Jerry's back yard for 2 2 of the 4 years)

5-----------------9.25

6-----------------7.25 (Jerry was at this match all 4 years, the only one he was at aside from Nationals)

7-----------------10

8-----------------10

Now thegood stuff:

NUMBER 1 !!!!

Summer Blast-----------------17

Unfortunately, the summer blast is not going to continue due to the MD moving to a new job.

Number 2 !!!!

Mississippi Classic-------------14

3 North Carolina......................12

4 South Carolina......................9

5 Indiana.................................7.25

6 Tennessee............................6.5

7 Michigan...............................5

There are many with the same as Michigan............that is a going rate for sectional matches (on the average) or a little less.

I did not use the Ohio match, but one year they did have 20. Since there was no OHIO match last year I did not use that

match as it would mess up the numbers.

I also did not use the Lousiana Gator Classic since I could not retrieve the results from some of the previous years matches.I think the Gator classic will likely be 4th, but coming on strong as they have had double digit numbers except the first year (If I remember correctly).

Now, plan your matches accordingly if you want to shoot with more revolver shooters in the same match.

ONE more note:

this year (2009) has seen a little increase in the revolver division in the matches I have paid attention to. BUT, some are now scheduled on top of each other causing a conflict.

Example:

Weekend of May 16.

Mississippi Classic............has 15 or more

North Carolina.................has 11 showing on Self Squading

Florida............................No info on this one, but you know Cliff, Luke, and maybe even David will be there.

So If there was a little communications between Area Directors, and section Coordinators maybe there could be at least 20 or more at both instead of less than 20.

SO there you go, a little worthless (Maybe) information.

Hopalong

Edit to add:

I also just noticed that most of the matches are in the SOUTH :sight:

Edited by hopalong
Dem letters wuz TOO BIG

I hate that you included 2005 -- That was South Carolina's worst year for Revolver attendence. We look much better if you get rid of 2005:

2005 = 5

2006 = 9

2007 = 11

2008 = 11

And I have 11 signed up for the match at the end of the month. . . with room for more if you want to attend.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 SC State Match Statistician

I think we all know why Sam is does not attend the Area 6 or the South Carolina Match.

Well, perhaps we can convince him to at least hit SC next year, since two ladies from South Carolina are coming to MS to work at his 3 gun match . . .

Twist arms? No. Not me.

;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico