Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Svi Triglide Trigger System?

PistolPete

Is anyone using this? I ordered a limited gun with this setup. What are your thoughts on it. I meant to deselect it but already submitted the order and the gun is currently being built. In theory it sounds like a great idea to reduce friction on the trigger but does this just create another moving part (bearings) that can cause problems? What are your thoughts and experiences with this?

i put one in my sti trojan.

really like it a lot.

the grip safety did not have to be pinned.

the cut out at the back of the trigger shoe was enough to disable the grip safety.

[this is not a carry gun by any stretch of the imagination, it is locked in the safe until i go to the range]

• 7 years later...

What is the difference and benefits between the SVI Tri-Glide and not Tri-Glide? What is to prefer on a competition IPSC gun?

If I use SVI Tri-Glide base, do I then need to use Tri-Glide disconnector and Tri-Glide sear spring, or can I use it in combination with STI disconnector or sear spring etc? I will install the BCG trigger group on my gun (see link under), is this group compatible with the SVI Tri-Glide trigger system? The BCG trigger group comes with a sear spring, can I use this sear spring instead of the Tri-Glide sear spring and still have the benefit of the Tri-glide? I will install it on a STI 2011.

http://www.1911store.com/tunedtriggergroupbcg-proseries.aspx