Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interfering with swinger

Cherryriver

:cheers: Phiscally impossible, the laser sticks you see on CSI(fiction by the way) don't even work that way. Sometimes you have to make a judgement call and how do you determine the hit. In this case it goes to poor stage design. At a club match you have the reshoot after reshoot after option, at a big match that is not always the best option. I agree that it is not the best solution, but use your best judgement. :sight:

:cheers: Phiscally impossible, the laser sticks you see on CSI(fiction by the way) don't even work that way.

Umm, no --- when I started in the sport, that kind of set-up was pretty common, and it was surprisingly easy most of the time to line up the holes, using nothing more than the Mk. I eyeball.....

At a club match you have the reshoot after reshoot after option, at a big match that is not always the best option. I agree that it is not the best solution, but use your best judgement. :sight:

Big match, little match, doesn't matter --- if the RO can not determine which hit passed through the no-shoot, it's a reshoot. That's the only option that fair to all competitors....

Shoot-throughs of paper into paper targets can often be discriminated by grease rings, or lack thereof. Same goes for bullets passing through hard cover such as plastic barrels and prop walls.

Another indicator can be bullet hole shape, in the case of hard cover passage that affects the flight of the bullet.

:cheers: educate me on my thinking, if I am wrong by the book, not someones opinion I am up for that.

If you read the whole thread, I think it's been covered. How about you posting the rules that would support the calls that you are wanting to make?

:cheers: educate me on my thinking, if I am wrong by the book, not someones opinion I am up for that.

Steven,

read the entirety of Section 9.1 --- that should get you there......

....in the alternative, get thee to an RO class.....

Ok, I shot this match. I am not the one that stopped the swinger though. Besides cracking my slide and screwing up a whole stage as a result, this was the best match (funnest) I've been to since the Michigan Territorial at Bend of the River (always a good match). I absolutely loved the stages, I've got no problem with the port in question. I actually commented that in 4 years of competition I'd never seen anything like it. I thought it was great!!!! I thought the match director and the staff where great (then again they always are at this club). After the cracked slide I had to borrow Joe Buscemi's backup racegun to finish. To the original poster, Cherryriver I think, dont let it get you down, you and staff did an excellent job, the 6 people that I shoot with all drove 2+ hours and enjoyed the hell out of the match you put on. GOOD JOB!!!!!!

Hey, fourtrax, thanks!

It really was a great match. It's just the nature of a forum when a thing gets picked up and worked over, it makes it seem as though nothing else happened.

In this case, there really wasn't a problem per se. No one was crabbing about this swinger, and there were certainly no complaints lodged. Everybody really did love it.

I just went about posting the initial item to help myself clear up the questions I had in my mind. No matter how many matches I've put on, or helped put on, there's always something, you know.

In fact, we the staff heard plenty of compliments and based on my "exit interviews" I know much fun was had.

Thanks for coming up to visit and we're glad you guys had a good time. We did put a little extra into this one and it was a doozy. It wasn't easy cramming 125 rounds into our bays, and we used up every single wall panel and bracket we had- and we have a lot.

You aren't kidding about the Michiana Territorial at Bend of the River, either. We put on one of the stages there every year- remember the "Day At The Beach", the track meet one in that giant sandbox?... that was us.

And we appreciate the kind words- the stage director's getting a complex reading this thread.

Steven,

read the entirety of Section 9.1 --- that should get you there......

....in the alternative, get thee to an RO class.....

:cheers: I stand corrected, :devil: it is a reshoot. I was under the impression that if the RO can make a reasonable determination on the hit (judgement call) you would score it. It is a reshoot no matter how you slice it, (9.1.5, 9.1.6.1 and 9.1..6.2) weather you have hits on the target or not. As per any comment about the match (poor stage design) it is one shooting position and target , nothing was meant that the crew didn't work their a&%^ off during this match and during set up. I am sure you did a great job and I for one will never downplay your work. It is a personal felling that swinging NO-shoots behind ports can either be really cool or a nightmare. I try not to use them if possible. I have read the book several times cover to cover and just wasn't putting the two items together. What makes you think I haven't been to an RO class.

Cherryriver,

Thanks for working the match. And, thanks for posting here and sharing...so that we can all learn a bit and benefit. It's a good thing to see people ask for input and strive to make things better.

What makes you think I haven't been to an RO class.

Nothing --- but I'm all in favor of refreshers on an as needed, as available basis. The rules have changed twice I think since I've been through it the first time, running through the CRO program helped immensely. I'm still bummed that I didn't have the time to sit in on a level 1 last year locally --- though George Jones may have been happy..... :roflol:

Hey guys! be flexible.Its all about shooting.Cool always.

How flexible?

What we do is a shooting competition. We keep score. And, people care about the score (granted, there are a few that don't look at the results...but most do).

So, when we put on, or officiate, a match...we want to do so in a manner that allows equal competition, within the rules.

What makes you think I haven't been to an RO class.

Nothing --- but I'm all in favor of refreshers on an as needed, as available basis. The rules have changed twice I think since I've been through it the first time, running through the CRO program helped immensely. I'm still bummed that I didn't have the time to sit in on a level 1 last year locally --- though George Jones may have been happy..... :roflol:

Nah.... Always pleased to see you, Nik!

:cheers: