Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 Changes

Just a FYI to keep you in the know.

Cutting some undesirable weight from my shooting partners bolt and noticed a change in the bolt link design.

p874494813-5.jpg

p722165088-5.jpg

Cost saving? Better mousetrap?

Nothing that a file and paper won't fix, but I don't like the "new" interface between the recoil spring plunger and the link end, it is rough and burrs the plunger cup.

Patrick

Which is the new and which is the old?

Also, could you post the full photo of the lightened bolt please? It certainly looks interesting.

Kind regards

Mick

Hi Mick

Mike.45 has the lightened bolt in his M2, ask him to show you at Harlow on Sat.

N

Which is the new and which is the old?

Also, could you post the full photo of the lightened bolt please? It certainly looks interesting.

Kind regards

Mick

Hi Mick

Mike.45 has the lightened bolt in his M2, ask him to show you at Harlow on Sat.

N

Will do Neil, I intend to have a talk with him with regards further mods.

I did some of the mods you mentioned, altered the bolt for ghost loading, took some off the carrier release (but I think I need some more off), fitted the Arredondo release bar, white groove on the rear of the rib for sighting slug and taken the sharp edges from the frame each side of the loading gate.

I still need to change the tube for a Nordic and weld up the end of the loading gate but before I do them I want to be certain to get a bit more info.

Are you still going to Harlow on Friday? I am now picking up Barry Pollard on Saturday morning and heading down. Not looking forward to the trip but I am sure Barry’s vast experience of IPSC will keep me entertained.

However, back to the main subject, the rear of my gun is showing signs of abuse. Small dents etc around the plunger cup. I will try to take photo’s after the weekend and if they come out I will post on here.

Kind regards

Mick

PS. If anyone has a photo of the modified release bar then would they mind posting them on here. I want to take a bit more off it but don’t want to overdo it. As it is such a pain to get in and out I only want to do it once more and then leave it in the gun.