Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Imga Vs. Ipsc Rules For Big Matches?

How many of the "big" 3Gun matches use the IMGA target scoring rules in which Power Factor doesn't matter?

I am asking because it would seem that a normal high-capacity 9x19 would be just as good to shoot, and a high-cap S_I would be even better than a "real" IPSC Limited .40 gun, for those matches.

Of the ones I've looked up, I think RM3G, SMM3G, and MGM all don't care about caliber/PF besides being at least 9x19. Besides the USPSA 3Gun matches, are there any other large 3Gun matches which do care about PF?

thanks

Zak

SOF/WC3G/SWAT is no more. The Mikes retired and anounced it at this last match. I am tring to get a change to the rules for Rocky Mountain 3 Gun that will requier minor to have at least a C,D to neutralize, instead of just two hits anywhere on the target, But we will see. For Mesa...SMM3G a wonder 9 is good. KURT

Zak, you should try shooting a 40 loaded to minor. Its really soft. My IDPA load is about a 135 pf. Not as cheap as 9x19 to load, but loading a 9x19 to major is impossible is IPSC.

I can bring it to the next Pueblo match if you want to give it a try.

Zak:

You got it! any single A zone hit still Neutralizes but for minor it would have to be at least a C,D, instead of the 2 any where for major. We have done this befor and some people really liked it. Matter of fact Todd Salmon was thinking of using this type of scoring at his shooting school. KURT

Nearly all the hardcore 3 gunners in AZ have a 9X19/.38Super "cheater" limited gun for non USPSA 3 Gun matches, myself included.

But I would not run out and sell my .40 Limited gun just to have one.

Tom,

I would like to try out your STI and also that IDPA load. I'm moving into a new house in a couple weeks so I'm not sure if I can make PP3G on the 19th, but I'll try.

Kelly,

So a second "Limited" gun in 38S would be ideal, but it sounds like some people just load .40 down to minor. How many rounds do you gain from 40 to 38?

thanks

Zak

If you are going to shoot the MGM Ironman, they have these targets called double swingers that you have to shoot several times to get them to fully rotate for score. On our squad some of the guys shooting 9mm had a harder time with it than the .40 and .45 guys.