Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need load data for 45ACP 4" revo w/ 230 LRN AND TIGHTGROUP

ok have a match tonight and in the tradition of my reloading habits need a load in like the next hour. it's going to be out of a S&W 625 4" barrel with 230 lead round nose bullets being kicked in the arse by tightgroup. I don't need a super puff load but something around 130 power factor, I think the 157 PF right now is a bit too much kick for Icore.

ok have a match tonight and in the tradition of my reloading habits need a load in like the next hour. it's going to be out of a S&W 625 4" barrel with 230 lead round nose bullets being kicked in the arse by tightgroup. I don't need a super puff load but something around 130 power factor, I think the 157 PF right now is a bit too much kick for Icore.

I don't think you'll be well served with a 130pf in .45-230gr. with titegroup. It'll leave a lot of unburnt powder and will gum up the works.

But with a 230 LRN (Missouri Bullet Company), 4.2 Titegroup, F150, 1.250" gives 720 f/s out of a 5" 625. Should be around 700 f/s with a 4" for a 160PF, probably close to what you already have.

For ICORE I've had as much luck with 170PF loads than trying to get too light. It's more important to have an accurate load.

I even tried the 185 HBRN Plated bullets from Berry's at 130PF and the velocities get real erratic at the really low PF leverl with Clays or Titegroup. Maybe try TrailBoss?

but damn it cheap, well to be honest, I want to change tightgroup and revo rounds but don't know where to begin. I had a buddy tell me about clays for lead, revolver and 45. I am using 4.1 right now so i guess i'm close. any other info on different powders would be GREAT!!!

Clays is the same price and less smoky, 3.9 or 4gr makes major out of my 5" 625s. (Makes too much, actually, I went 180pf at Area 6.) I tried Titegroup a bit, seems like 4.2 or 4.3 was my load with a 230 molycoat.

H.