Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cell Phone a part of COF!?!?

UltraTen

The shooter brought the cell phone into the COF with him.

If it goes off he should be able to ignore it until after hes done shooting.

If not then he can answer it, take down his "Honey-Do" list, then continue the C.O.F.

A re-shoot?

Please!

JK

It was the RO's cell phone...

If somebody blows gas right before the beep do you ask for a reshoot? Let it be a test of character!

Does somebody "blow gas" before each and every shooter? Is it the same test of character for each and every shooter?

Is that part of the shooting challenge? Should it be?

If you want to test something, then build it into the stage be design.

I'm with Flex on this one. The stage should be the same for every shooter PERIOD! Yes we hear gun shots and steel getting hit but its part of the background noise. If people talking in the background bugs you before you shoot double plug. A cell phone blasting sweet home alabama right before the buzzer goes off, is not something we are expecting and would mess with me being prepared.

CELL PHONE

For me it all comes down to being fair to the shooter. Anything under my control as an RO should be the same for every shooter. Unless I have a cell phone ring when starting every shooter than that IS something under my control and should not happen. It's also our duty to check things that are beyond our control, but we should not be part of something that "may" distract a shooter. I will error on the side of the shooter on something like this every time. There are already enough distractions in the game with the match personnel being part of the fray.

I also agree with Kyle on how to handle it if it happened...

JT

PS This thread is getting hard to follow with two dif directions... perhaps a split?

Edited by JThompson