Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammunition?

fiddler

Not sure if this is exactly the right subforum for this question. Mods please move if necessary.

I'm looking for 9mm match ammo to shoot with my M&P Pro. I'd like to get 147gr JHPs in a competition load. I called Atlanta Arms and they told me they are no longer taking new customers, I guess they don't want my business. Roze Distribution is "way" backordered on JHPs.

Where else can I find these?

Thanks,

Roy

they would probably enjoy to have your business if they could keep up with demand. it is senseless to take on a new customer when you cannot fill the orders placed by existing customers.

The ammunition shortage is real and is affecting everone...even Winchester, Remington And Federal.

Harmon

Shooters connection is showing some in stock at the moment.

I'm pretty sure he wants loaded ammo rather than just bullets.

Precision Delta also sells loaded ammo with 147gr JHPs....new brass it's $460 shipped (to my zip anyway) and used brass is $334 shipped. Looks like they're using XTP's which are a bit more expensive than Zero's which should account for the price difference over AA&A. R,

The ammunition shortage is real and is affecting everone...even Winchester, Remington And Federal.

Sure is real. My business partner hasn't fired a round in 30+ years. A few months ago he purchased a Fort Knox safe. He has since bought 3 center-fire rifles

and 4 pistols. Stacked at the bottom of the safe is at LEAST 1000 rounds of ammo for each gun. He adds more when he can find it.

Every gun remains UNFIRED. Crazy s#it if you ask me.

Anecdotal? Sure, but this is the kind of crap that's screwing us.

...edited to apologize for the drift...

Jim

Edited by JimmyM

Corbon makes a really nice 9mm match load. Not sure what the primers and powder is but the bullet is a montanna gold 147 CMJ. Feels exactly like my normal production load I made up for my M&P 9L with the montanna gold 147. Groups as good as anything in my M&P.

I'm pretty sure he wants loaded ammo rather than just bullets.

Oops. My bad.

I think I would dryfire (and I never dry fire) before buying loaded ammo. But I'm a cheap bastid!

Crazy s#it if you ask me.

Anecdotal? Sure, but this is the kind of crap that's screwing us.

...edited to apologize for the drift...

Jim

You must have missed the clinton years, huh? Some of us learn from our mistakes and prefer not to get caught looking twice in a lifetime.

Looks like they're using XTP's

Unlikely. Precision Delta makes their own bullets, and recently added a 9mm JHP to their product line. They are also a Winchester distributor, so I would be surprised if they used Hornady XTPs in their loads.

They are good people to deal with. If you have any tricky issues, call them and ask for Patricia.

I was just speaking to the owner of the largest volume shop in MA, and he tells me he has had to institute a 2 box limit on ammo just so he can be sure he isn't caught short trying to sell guns without ammo.