Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Star is on the Way!

I have one fron the 1950's when it was really the only game in town for serious bullseye pistol shooters. I have used it also for my single shot rifle calibers. It's a great tool - ENJOY!

Well I ordered a Star sizer on the 26th of March, they are shipping it two weeks before they said that they would! Yea!

Yes I am truly looking forward using it. I have a question though, would it be worth the money to later add the air pressure attachment for the lube?

I have never modified my Star in any way. A few turns of the srew onm top does well by me.

Yes I am truly looking forward using it. I have a question though, would it be worth the money to later add the air pressure attachment for the lube?

I have never modified my Star in any way. A few turns of the srew onm top does well by me.

It's not a 3rd party mod, it's a higher production option available from Magma.

My advice would be to operate in manual lube pressure mode for a while and make the call once you know the machine better. It's definitely not a must-have option for sizing a couple thousand rounds a month though. The air option works great but I think Magma should mention that a water trap on your compressor (or airline) is needed though or you'll have unwanted moisture in the groove (and near your powder and primers).

Ordered mine Monday. They told me one month wait. I ordered the shovel handle and the adjustable heater, I don't see myself needing anything more though the small case feeder looks nice so I don't resize my thumb.