Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting beat by a friend

Chris iliff

About 2 years ago I helped introduce a friend to USPSA. Of course the expected..... he's addicted. Well, after many matches he placed higher than me in the combined results at Sundays match. He shoots limited and I shoot open, he's a "C" and I'm a "B". I'm really excited for the guy and in a way for me also. I like knowing that I helped someone. Of course I called him and told him it would never happen again. He ended up 6th, me 7th out of 53 shooters. Separated by 1%. Get a friend involved is probably the best advice I could give anyone!!

I am dredding/looking forward to the day that my brother beats me. He is really improving alot lately, and I can see a time in the near future where he will be finishing ahead of me at the matches.

Randy

I was introduced to the sport by a friend of mine who I can no longer get to come to a match with me anymore because I have become a better shooter than him. He always says that i am going to beat him so no need to shoot. I think the reason I have gotten better than him is because I shoot a lot more than him now. I have become an addict. What can i say

My better half almost always beats me... It's nice we shoot in different divisions so there isn't a direct comparison, but I still relish beating her with my limited gun on a stage or two now and again; it doesn't help since she waxes my ass in almost every match though :P I'm all for it, at least one of us is getting better and closer to the top. :cheers:

My better half almost always beats me... It's nice we shoot in different divisions so there isn't a direct comparison, but I still relish beating her with my limited gun on a stage or two now and again; it doesn't help since she waxes my ass in almost every match though :P I'm all for it, at least one of us is getting better and closer to the top. :cheers:

I introduced my wife to shooting and I too get beat by her! I tell her it's because I'm over weight & suffer from dunlap.

She is the Nurse that was interview for a sagment of women learning to shoot on Shooting USA.

About 2 years ago I helped introduce a friend to USPSA. Of course the expected..... he's addicted. Well, after many matches he placed higher than me in the combined results at Sundays match. He shoots limited and I shoot open, he's a "C" and I'm a "B". I'm really excited for the guy and in a way for me also. I like knowing that I helped someone. Of course I called him and told him it would never happen again. He ended up 6th, me 7th out of 53 shooters. Separated by 1%. Get a friend involved is probably the best advice I could give anyone!!

He beat me for the First time the week before he got you . I was told someone seen him letting sand out of his gun bag to lighten up the load on the car for the trip home !!! LOL :surprise:

Nothing like good competition between friends to keep you going !! :cheers:

Brent

Yeah, I wondered where all that sand in my vehicle was coming from? Now I know,...... Brent we are going to have to seriously consider hurting Phil. Or, stealing that damn new 6" Cheely limited gun. I can't be mad at my friend, but DAMN CHEELY, he's wrecking my ego.