Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Correct Blade-Tech for STI (wide dustcover)?

Alan Adamson

Ok, so I obviously didn't do this right the first time... Means watch the classifieds for an "eagle" DOH blade-tech with tek-loc

But I digress.

Ok, so I have a 5" short dustcover, STI that I want a DOH for. However the dust cover is also full width (matches the width of the slide exactly - unlike normal).

What Blade-tech do I get for it? The Edge version and just deal with the fact that the Edge has a full length dust cover? Or is there something else.

The problem with what I got... One for an Eagle, is that you can see where the dust cover molding is slightly narrower than the slide and even with the screws all the way out, it still rubs too much for my liking.

For those in the know, please let me know. For those interested in a *brand new* STI - Eagle, DOH with Tek-loc... I'll post it sometime over the weekend in the classifieds...

Thanks,

Alan

Edited by Alan Adamson

I don't know if Bladetech makes one specifically for a short and wide. The model that works for the edge will work just fine. I'd just get this one so if you ever get a full dustcover, it'll work for that one also.

You can mold the plastic by heating it up. Suggest doing it in increments between 350-400 degrees in the oven. The plastic heats rapidly so keep a watchful eye on it. A heat gun will work as well. Also loosen the spacer screws. It needs to be soft so you can run the gun into it and mold it with pressure. I usually use a soft smooth pig or cow skin glove. I've also reshaped a blade tech 34 holster to fit the long dust cover sti.

Talk to Bobby McGee from blade tech or call them(He'll know what to do). They'll be able to help you or replace the holster, since you can return the holster and get a full refund, etc'(when not satisfied).

Ok, so I obviously didn't do this right the first time... Means watch the classifieds for an "eagle" DOH blade-tech with tek-loc

But I digress.

Ok, so I have a 5" short dustcover, STI that I want a DOH for. However the dust cover is also full width (matches the width of the slide exactly - unlike normal).

What Blade-tech do I get for it? The Edge version and just deal with the fact that the Edge has a full length dust cover? Or is there something else.

The problem with what I got... One for an Eagle, is that you can see where the dust cover molding is slightly narrower than the slide and even with the screws all the way out, it still rubs too much for my liking.

For those in the know, please let me know. For those interested in a *brand new* STI - Eagle, DOH with Tek-loc... I'll post it sometime over the weekend in the classifieds...

Thanks,

Alan

Alan,

If you do not return the Blade Tech for a Eagle 5" short dust cover I will be watching for your "for sale" post !

Was that for a bull barrel or bushing barrel 5" Eagle?

Donald