Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optic for Model 610

sniperdog

First you need to know if it is a pinned on or classic one. The classic ones have a 1/8 inch hole in the front end

of the gun just below the front sight. They also have a pin in the side so they look like pinned on from the side

view. Then measure the height of the original and get a fiber optic the same height. I make S&W front and

rear fiber optic sights. You can call or PM me and I will help in any way possible.

First you need to know if it is a pinned on or classic one. The classic ones have a 1/8 inch hole in the front end

of the gun just below the front sight. They also have a pin in the side so they look like pinned on from the side

view. Then measure the height of the original and get a fiber optic the same height. I make S&W front and

rear fiber optic sights. You can call or PM me and I will help in any way possible.

The gun is still in transit at this time so I don't know what type of front sight it has. Once I get the gun I will get back with you, thanks for the info.

I just got a brand new 610-3 last month. I used the SDM fiber optic front sight. I don't know what it's called but mine you just push the front sight to the rear and flip up to get it off. It's held in by a spring and detent. I guess from the description it's the classic one. Anyway the SDM works real well.

Dave

I would also like to see a .100 wide front. If anyone knows where to get one please let me know. The current sights out there are just to big covering most of a target on longer shots.

Contact Warren in post #6 and he will fix you up with a .100 front sight.