Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

g30sf

roymor

I'm new to the forum and am looking for some opinions on glock's 30sf. I am thinking of purchasing one. I have a g19 and really like it and like the idea of 45acp in a gun of this size. I have heard that the gun's recoil is pretty soft and it is not hard to handle effectively and I would like some more input. thanks.

I had one in for test and eval. It was accurate and reliable. My only real gripe about the G30 in general is way the bottom third of the grip goes away every time you do a speedload. I'd like this gun a lot better if they'd gone for a full-length grip and standard flat bottom baseplates instead of the two-thirds grip and "pinky extension" baseplates that they did.

I have average hands and the G30 is fine for me, the SF must be even better. Soft shooting for its size in my on inion, more accurate than me and 10 rounds of .45 for self defense is nice. 10 +1 works, but don't try doing a tactical reload with a full mag and one in the pipe.

Believe me, I shoot it every year or so in idpa and it never fails, 2 stages of 4 call for tact reload. Really have to give it a solid push, or it doesn't seat. (ie guns goes bang once and then mag may fall out) Next stage you remember to seat it right, but it takes some time and a shift in grip.

Would carry mags with 9 and be fine, but that would be against the rules. Next time I will use G21 mags with 10 to relieve the pressure. Still fits in the box.

I've had one for a few months now and love it. I like the SF grip size much better than the standard large frame. It's more like my G17 frame. I did swap out the sights for a set of Ameriglow operators to complete the package.

-Cuz.

i bought one last year to replace my g30 but it wouldn't feed my match load as well as the g30 so i sold it. several others that bought a g30SF told me it wouldn't feed the same light loads as the g30. not sure what the difference is, shouldn't be any. i think with standard power ammo there wouldn't be any issues.