Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MultiGun Rules

outerlimits

USPSA multigun rule 3.2 mandates "identification of specific targets to be shot with specific firearms. can i interpret this to mean it's ok to have a stage where specific targets can be engaged with either weapon, assuming the target is identified and is one that can be shot with either weapon?

I've always liked that concept...give the shooter some additional choices to make and give the stage designers something else to tinker with. I'm still getting used to the combined rulebook so might have missed something but I can't find any prohibition against this.

With some scoring methods (San Angelo for instance) the scoring could get "interesting" but for time plus it shouldn't be a big deal.

Target choices are a bit more limited (no birdshot on paper, no frangibles for handgun, etc.) but that's not a reason to not do it.

We just had a stage like that last weekend. There were about 10 steel plates 15 yards out right where you abandoned your pistol and went to the shotgun. The plates could be taken down with either gun ... your choice. I thought it was a good idea to give shooters something else to think about.

Edited by mscott

Yes it is ok. We plan on doing it at Nationals this year.

As for the scoring there is no issue if the targets are steel. Little more work for the RO's if they are paper.

Edited by chendersby

If you are using the san angelo scoring method & they are paper targets, just make the A zone available. One way to do that is to cut out a hole in the No shoots the size of the A zone(s) & cover the target, just leaving an A hit available. Then if they are shot & hit, it is 5 pts, regardless of minor or major. No having to make special notes on which gun was shot on those targets.

It would simplify the scoring.

MLM

Edited by mlmiller1