Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge in Alabama

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, I'll be at the range tomorow getting everything ready. If anyone has a score sheet that they could email me it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Frank did you ever get a score sheet?

I made an excel spread sheet that will work until we get the software when we affililate which should happen next week. If any of you experienced Steel Challenge guys have a score sheet set up we'd like to check it out. I know this one was last minute, but we are looking to be running a legit Steel challenge match next month on the second Sunday, plus we will also be doing a hybrid steel match. That's what I'm calling it anyway. I'm thinking of 10 target all steel stages that require movement to get to the plates and offer chances to shoot while moving. I was thinking of shooting the hybrid match similar to steel challenge format i.e. shoot each stage 4 times. I figure it would be good paractice for shooting steel in a USPSA match, plus it would be easy to set up and wouldn't require any re-setting or pasting between shooters.

I like to say thanks to everyone who came out to shoot with us yesterday, I know it was short notice but I'm glad everyone could make it. We are pushing hard to be set up for an affiliated Steel Challenge match May 10 registration at 9 shooting at 10. Match scores should be posted on the mossbranch website in a couple days. www.mossbranch.org

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to add that we have all our targets cut and stands are being built so we will have 5 legitimate steel challenge stages. Most likely, Smoke and Hope, 5 to go, Accelerator, Speed Option and Round About.

• 2 weeks later...
Tony,

15 revolver shooters at Mississippi......................still a chance to get in. :devil:

Hop

I had the date wrong for Miss. I was thinking it is next weekend. I will be in Colorado next weekend for the big steel match there so I am going to make this one for practice.

I am planning on being there again.

I can't promise anything but if you need help setting up Saturday afternoon I may could get over there to help.

Sent you an email.

Had a great time today shooting steel.

The rain just flat sucked on ice and got worse.

Thanks to those who came out. Thanks Roger for the work you put into this.

• 2 weeks later...

tony---hate it rained,but we still had fun.thanks for the help.

we now have all new steel and stands.the will be no rain in june [ i hope ]so everyone come on and shoot with us.it is the third sunday start time 10 oclock. just remember you can shoot thoes 22s also.

RC

Somebody remind me to give this a try next month. Someone will tell me what to do if I show up, right? I found some old 9minor loads in a stash and shot them today in my open gun. Wow, can you say very little dot movement.