Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bringing Powder/Primers back from Canada

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation..._restricted.xml

If you look at this link under firearms, you're only allowed to bring ammunition into the country if it's part of the same ammunition that you took out of the country. Primer and powder are the hazmat components of ammunition. I don't think they'll pass customs. You need to ask if you want to make sure you're being legal.

Can it be done? Yes.

I don't recommend it.

THE GUN CONTROL ACT OF 1968 TITLE 18, UNITED STATE CODE, CHAPTER 44

"

(A) The term "ammunition" means ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm.

*(a) It shall be unlawful—

**(1) for any person—

***(A) except a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, to engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms, or in the course of such business to ship, transport, or receive any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce; or

***(B) except a licensed importer or licensed manufacturer, to engage in the business of importing or manufacturing ammunition, or in the course of such business, to ship, transport, or receive any ammunition in interstate or foreign commerce;"

Technically it is illegal, but so is buying Cuban Cigars...

~k_day64

If you really want to have phunn at the falls send your family somewhere else. Remember the secret to a long marriage is differnt vacations spots.

~k_day64

Umm...no. <_<

Have fun at the Falls. There's lots of things to do, for all ages.

If you really want to have phunn at the falls send your family somewhere else. Remember the secret to a long marriage is differnt vacations spots.

~k_day64

Umm...no. <_<

Have fun at the Falls. There's lots of things to do, for all ages.

My fiancee also told me, no. I guess I will have to have phunn while traveling the world with my fellow brothers in the navy.

~k_day64

~k_day64

Yeah exactly, put your wife in one of those barrels and tell her that it will be fun ride, and you go do what you want. jk

well the reality of the situation is that everything we get we get out of the states. so anything you could find would be 20 to 25% higher due to imports costs.

next problem would be i doubt very much you would find anything in Niagara Falls. you would have to go afield to find it. there are places but they are few and far between.

Lastly as stated above you would need an import permit to legally bring it back and probably an Canadian export permit. i know going the other way that is what we need.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Canada and have never found powder or primers or loaded ammo cheaper on this side of the border. I routinely purchase those items in the US and bring them back. Canada customs rules allows you to bring back up to 5000 rounds of ammo for personal use. I usually bring back a couple thousand primers and 3 or four pounds of VV320 as well. I declare it at the border and no problems. I'm surprised a US citizen couldn't bring back ammo\powder\primers purchased in Canada.

I live in Canada and have never found powder or primers or loaded ammo cheaper on this side of the border. I routinely purchase those items in the US and bring them back. Canada customs rules allows you to bring back up to 5000 rounds of ammo for personal use. I usually bring back a couple thousand primers and 3 or four pounds of VV320 as well. I declare it at the border and no problems. I'm surprised a US citizen couldn't bring back ammo\powder\primers purchased in Canada.

We are often our own worst enemy.