Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP LRP-07?

mrwhite1

Does anyone have any experience with JP's LRP-07 308 rifle?

I don't.....yet. Like many on this forum, I have experience with the CTR-02 and I couldn't be more pleased. Which is why I ordered a LRP-07 in 308 a little over a month ago. It will still take about 3-5 months before it's in my hands, but I'll be sure to post feedback when it arrives.

I've heard nothing but great things about JP's. I ordered my ctr-02 a couple weeks ago! I was thinking about getting a nice 308 and was thinking about either a sig blaser tactical 2 or the lrp-07. Just not sure which I should go with? What specs did you order?

I have one of the early LRP-07's (11/07) w/ a 20" barrel. It definitely out-shoots me. With the "tank" brake and adjustable gas system it still kicks harder than an AR but it's a whole lot less than a bolt-action. I've only shot it to 200yds (that's as far as any of the "close" ranges go around here) and it holds 1 MOA w/ Fed Match 175 (rifle may be capable of more but I'm not). But next wkend I'll be doing a long-range clinic w/ the goal of getting out to 1,000yds. I'm not sure I'm capable of shooting that far but the gun should be (a longer barrel would have been a better choice for long distance but I may do some 3-gunning with it and thought a slightly shorter barrel would be better).

So at the end of the day it's a very expensive rifle but I feel it was a good value.

I've heard nothing but great things about JP's. I ordered my ctr-02 a couple weeks ago! I was thinking about getting a nice 308 and was thinking about either a sig blaser tactical 2 or the lrp-07. Just not sure which I should go with? What specs did you order?

I can almost guarantee you that after you shoot your CTR-02, you will want another JP if you decide to get a 308.

I ordered mine the same as my CTR-02. 18" barrel, Magpul PRS stock, silver heat sink and ergo grip.

I'll be able to answer your question in about 4-5 months when mine shows up. I've also got an AR-10T that I recently had the barrel shortened to 18", and I ordered a Fulton Titan upper a few weeks ago to go on my DPMS lower. I'm kind of diving into the .308 world. B) I'll shoot them all and then decide which I'll use for HM.

FWIW, the AR-10T is a tack driver. It's a sub-MOA rifle easily, using whatever ammo I had sitting around. The only ammo it didn't like was some surplus Radway Green.

Edited by MP5_guy

• 2 months later...

i got mine last fall after the shooting season. i am loading sierra 135 gr. matchkings, 44.4 gr. imr 4895, win primers. 100 yard groups have run as tight as .314 (.622 out to out). gun runs all the time. (unfortunately my brain doesn't). my dpms had growing pains, the jp hasn't. only drawback is the wait.

1chota