Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two New World Records

John Heiter

I just went over to watch some of the 42nd NRA National Police Shooting Championships that are in town this week. Jerry Miculek was there as a rep. for Smith & Wesson and was going to be making two record book attempts this afternoon.

On his first attempt he tried to shoot five shots from a snub nose in under 6 tenths. Best time was a .59 so I guess that's one down. His second is to shoot six shots from each of ten revolvers in under 20 seconds. He picked up the first gun and went crazy but ran into problems when he transitioned to the second gun. Apparently he forgot to reload and the gun was empty. He's reloading now for another attempt.

No mobile, I'm just relaying messages from Bryant who also went down there on his lunch break...and then "called in sick" for the rest of the afternoon. He keeps calling me with details to make me jealous. Right now they've left the police range to go to our local IPSC range so he can take Phil Strader to sight in an STI. Phil showed up at the match with a gun given to him by Caspian but it turned out to be "illegal" so he promptly walked to the STI table and asked to borrow a display gun. He's making sure the sights are where he wants them before it's his turn to shoot.

Wow, is the .59 sec from the first to the last shot (meaning four splits of .1475)? If that's the case, it would kind of surprise me. I mean, it's amazing, but his splits on the 8 shots in one second were faster and from a big ol' N-frame.

The 10 revolver drill is great!

I think Phil showed up with a Caspian built Caspian. The match officials said that it wasn't a Production gun, that Caspian doesn't make guns. When thye called Caspian to confirm, they didn't get Gary on the phone.

(I heard all this second hand...and may have my facts wrong.)