Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

longer ejection ramp

Has anyone tired to extend the ramp? When I am reloading .223 or .308 It seems like the little bin is full after 2 cranks. I wanted to see if I could run it in to a larger bin sitting on the table top. Does anyone have useful advice about this.

Buy a bigger bin. I bought one for my SDB because when I am cranking out .45ACP, the little one gets full too quickly.

Take a much larger box, and cut a notch out of the side (or cut the whole thing down shorter) so that the rounds can all dive in and party together. ;)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Dillon's bins are custom made Akro Bins. All sorts of sizes are available through various vendors in hardware and container stores as well as on line. The lip that slots them into the holding bracket seems to be a universal size, so even a large container will fit onto your Dillon, provided you have enough clearance to the side and below the bin.

All that being said, I've gone back to the small bin, which, at least for pistol rounds, will hold the 100 rds made as I run through a tube of primers. When I load up a new tube of primers, I do a quick inspection of the hundred rds just made, and then dump them into a cardboard box big enough to hold the day's production. That way, if I have some snag in that 100, I won't intermix the potentially bad rounds into all the rest.

Ah, I think I understand your situation better.

Seems like J U's suggestion would be a good way to go, then, or a big bin that stays in place until the end.

But if you have 800 rounds in a big box and suddenly realize your powder measure has been empty for some time, well... :P

Edited by kevin c

Dillon's bins are custom made Akro Bins. All sorts of sizes are available through various vendors in hardware and container stores as well as on line. The lip that slots them into the holding bracket seems to be a universal size, so even a large container will fit onto your Dillon, provided you have enough clearance to the side and below the bin.

All that being said, I've gone back to the small bin, which, at least for pistol rounds, will hold the 100 rds made as I run through a tube of primers. When I load up a new tube of primers, I do a quick inspection of the hundred rds just made, and then dump them into a cardboard box big enough to hold the day's production. That way, if I have some snag in that 100, I won't intermix the potentially bad rounds into all the rest.

+ 1.

I used 550 Akro Bins on my 1050 for that reason.

be