Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Playing with stages

I'll be adding to this stage thread as i play with some designing. If you want to use any of them, be my guest, just tell them who made it... unless they hate it then it's all yours!

Burner

22.jpg

Fast and slow

23.jpg

Huh?

24.jpg

Edited by JThompson

I like the bottom stage. Except there looks like that the paper targets in the middle on either sides of the long panels may be shoot throughs behind the swingers.

It's close and would have to be looked at as setup... most of that stuff you just need to move a foot one way or the other. No dimensions are given for the stages because they will all need to be moved around a bit for the range size etc.

Glad you like it.

JT

Would you happen to have any cool stage ideas for a 'back yard range". I am trying to come up with something nice, not to crazy, but will allow for some good practice.

I have two small poppers, several paper targets, 5 steel lollypops, 6 plates, one orange net wall, three plastic barrels and a barricade. (I can build more walls if required)

I would appreciate it...would even buy you a beer someday if we meet! :cheers:

Edited by Bigpops

Would you happen to have any cool stage ideas for a 'back yard range". I am trying to come up with something nice, not to crazy, but will allow for some good practice.

I have two small poppers, several paper targets, 5 steel lollypops, 6 plates, one orange net wall, three plastic barrels and a barricade. (I can build more walls if required)

Thread drift:

Awwwww man... I've been in Waldorf/Upper Marlboro for the last two years minus my 6 month stint in Iraq.....

Start with basic stuff like classifiers and movement drills. Thread Drift off.

JT, I think Aristotle is right, the swingers could really lead to some shoot through issues. I know it'd dependent on set-up angles, but look at it close or you could end up having to do some drastic rework on it while setting up. That always sucks.

Edited by SA Friday

I like the bottom stage. Except there looks like that the paper targets in the middle on either sides of the long panels may be shoot throughs behind the swingers.

There is about 8 foot of swing room there now. These aren't all polished, just ideas that are floating around... Ya drag it on the range have a look tweak here and there, like you do every stage that's written up. If need be you just sub a bobber or a clamshell. ;)

Edited by JThompson

What are division are you and what classification? How wide and how long is the err range?

Edited by JThompson

What are division are you and what classification? How wide and how long is the err range?

As of today..Limited C, hopefully B soon. The Mrs is Production C (keep the ribbing to yourself fellas :rolleyes: ) and I expect her to climb fast. I also practice Open, Production, AR's, grenades, rocket launchers, etc. :roflol:

The range is approx. 60 yards wide and 20 yards deep. I do have a long narrow section for 100 yard rifle shots.

Hey Bigpops, I'd suggest also adding some shooting boxes and ports. Must be nice to have your own shooting range in the back yard!! Wish you lived closer!!

Ari - Got one port. We have discussed the boxes, those are in work. The range is a work in progress...ever changing, but yes it is NICE to have. If your ever out this way you have a place to shoot. :cheers:

From watching all of your videos ....you need to show me how to get a 6'3'' guy to move like you! Dang you get those feet moving! :cheers:

One day I will get brave enogh to post a video. So far, nothing to brag about. Though I will post one of my "multi ported" Open gun - aka The Flame Thrower!

BP

Practice getting into and out of the boxes... near to far transitions and easy exit and hard exits. Set that far target down 20 yards and the near ones 20ft or so. Plates at 10yrds or better.

25.jpg

Edited by JThompson

BP

Practice getting into and out of the boxes... near to far transitions and easy exit and hard exits.

25.jpg

JT...thanks!

I have set up classifier stages but it is always fun to try new things. I have tried more complex stages but if i think of it i feel like I am cheating. :rolleyes:

I will try this on Saturday. If you come up with anymore please feel free to pass them on.

Thanks again!

BP

BP

Practice getting into and out of the boxes... near to far transitions and easy exit and hard exits.

25.jpg

JT...thanks!

I have set up classifier stages but it is always fun to try new things. I have tried more complex stages but if i think of it i feel like I am cheating. :rolleyes:

I will try this on Saturday. If you come up with anymore please feel free to pass them on.

Thanks again!

BP

You must walk before you run grasshoppaa Our sport is all about getting itno and out of shooting positions... if you practice this drill you will cut of seconds, not tenths. A couple pretty good shooters use this drill.

Edited by JThompson

Yes Sensei.....I will work on plucking the pebble from the hand.

Thanks again. I like them both but will practice the first one as you suggested. Not to long ago i asked about getting quick feet. This will help.

BP

Trip Three

Be a nice little classifier, gun loaded wrist above shoulders facing uprange. Stand anywhere in the shooting area.... Targets set so you can't see the inner most of either side from the sweet spot.

27.jpg

A version more friendly for wheelies and reloading, hey, what can I say... I'm an Open guy. :)

28.jpg

Dis-Array

29.jpg

Edited by JThompson

Those are some great stages JT. What do you call that stage in Post 17? I'd like to use it and give you credit for it. I also like that trip 3 stage. Nice fast, leaning speed shoot.

Well, I made it for Big Pops, so I guess we can call it B.I.G :P