Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bedell Shorty.

jros3e

Hi, after a long shooting period with my Bedell Shorty in 9 Major, now is the time for new springs set.

I want to ask if anybody knows what springs use Dan to his pistols and how many lb. Wolff or ISMI?

How many lb recoil spring, hammer spring etc?

Thanks.

Dan normally puts Recoilmasters in his guns last I knew. I have a shorty and told him I don't like the feel of the RM. He suggested a standard guide rod and a 9lb recoil spring. I don't know which brand he prefers, but I've had nothing but success with ISMI. I did find it funny that he said he runs a standard guide rod and 9lb spring in his gun....interesting.

The mainspring is either a 17lb or 19lb...can't recall. I keep a 19lb (also ISMI) spare in the bag as I know it'll work in all of my guns. R,

I prefer the wolff springs myself but the ISMI will work also. You can use a 17 or 18# mainspring.In the open guns with a standard guide rod I would suggest you get an 8,9, and 10# recoil spring and try each one to see which one works and feels the best for you based on the tracking of your dot and the cycle rate of the gun. On the short guns be sure to use the same reverse plug that came with the gun if switching from the recoil master to the standard guide rod. :cheers:

Mine came with a Recoil Master and is probably due for replacing again, but I cant remember which one it takes - heavy or light. Maybe I should just go with the standard rod and spring, although the RM hasnt given me any issues.

Jim

Open guns typically come with a light RM. Heavy is for Limited guns.

Whatever you do, don't buy new... Far to many like new take offs around to do that. I got a few :rolleyes:

Mine came with a Recoil Master and is probably due for replacing again, but I cant remember which one it takes - heavy or light. Maybe I should just go with the standard rod and spring, although the RM hasnt given me any issues.

Jim

that's correct, if you've got one of my open guns that came with a recoil master it is the "light" recoil master and the limiteds come with the "heavy".

Yes Craig, I stuck my head out of the cave and the snow is finally gone, it's been a long,long winter here !!! :wacko:

that's correct, if you've got one of my open guns that came with a recoil master it is the "light" recoil master and the limiteds come with the "heavy".

Yes Craig, I stuck my head out of the cave and the snow is finally gone, it's been a long,long winter here !!! :wacko:

Well, maybe that means we need to give you more work! :) Ill be calling to discuss a new project some time later this week.

• 6 months later...

Recoilmasters are in need of replacement when parts come flying out of the recoil spring tunnel ;)

Which is why I have guide rods in both of my Bedell open guns. I like 9's in regular 9 and 11's in major 9 :D

Alex