Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness Match .40S&W

SIE107

Just wondering.. I have a Glock 22 and I have a S&W PC Tactical 40 5" that I can shoot.. I was just wondering if the EAA Witness Match .40S&W was worth getting.. I have found one that I might be able to pick up for 450.00

Randy

$450 is a good price for one. They are very good guns for the money. See the EAA/Tanfoglio Shop in the dealers section for some go fast goodies. Only major issue with that gun and trying to be competitive in Limited is the lack of a magwell. I think Henning (EAA/Tanfoglio Shop owner) is working on one... don't know when it will be available though.

I have a Match, and it is a great gun. 450 is a great price. If you don't buy it, let me know I know a few people who would take it.

Check out Canyon Creek in the vendor section. He has a sweet magwell that Henning recommends. Mine is heading in this summer. Pick up the mags from Henning and you can run 20 plus 1 and you will be pretty competetive in limited.

the only issue I had was needing to load a little longer than normal, about 1.17 or so.

let me know if you want any other information about the Match.

Matt

I bought a Match, used, several months ago. It is an older model with the LPA Supersight. I've put some Henning grips on it and a 1mm iFiber front from him ,too. Weighs in at @41.5 ounces. My second match with it, shooting Limited/Major, I shot within 4% of an A class open shooter, who was high overall at our club match. I'm a C/ Limited shooter.

Great gun for the money, but the crappy sights that come on the new models are a drawback. Henning is supposed to have a new sight for them soon.

Matt,

Thank you.. I will be in touch!

Randy

I bought a match for 499 out the door from my local gun shop .Yours looks like a great price. I am new to competitve shooting but can say that as a accurate gun goes it is a first class gun. It does not seem to any real fauls like has been cover except sites. I took hennings last .090 wide site and drilled it out for the larger red insert than comes with it and that helped me see the front site. Mine has the match rear not the super site and am waiting for some differnt but it works. Take the stock front site off and file down the sides so they are .090 wide and that will also help to find a easier center .The sites on the steel is also a good combo but fixed front. Bought a 9mm convertion and it is the standard full size steel (4.50") barrel rather than the 4.75" and was a better shooter than the 40 buy far and stock sites work quit will. Henningshootsguns will take care of most any need you can come up with or tell you who to contact.

• 2 years later...

Just wondering.. I have a Glock 22 and I have a S&W PC Tactical 40 5" that I can shoot.. I was just wondering if the EAA Witness Match .40S&W was worth getting.. I have found one that I might be able to pick up for 450.00

Randy

I have a Match in .40 that I almost spent more money with Henning on goodies than I did for the gun. I will say it is the smoothest shooting gun I have ever shot. My only problem is lack of ambi controls and grip is a little large. But all in all it is a great gun when u put a fiber optic front sight on it. Mine is up for trade I think for xd or glock in .40, but only for above mentioned not because of quality of gun. Good luck.