Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loss of a friend

snertley

My wife a and kids got me sign up for Facebook yesterday. Well I let Facebook use my contacts and today I get an email from the wife of my former patient and good friend. She tells me he passed away in Dec. :angry2: I had not heard from him in awhile and had been wondering how he was doing. He was a great man, father, husband, hunter, sportsman, Doctor and US Army and Iraq Veteran, and friend.

He had a shitty disease that took his life much to early. He was only a few years older than me, much to young to die for a great guy. This is the part that make me hate my job at times, but on the flip side I had the honor of meeting him, get to know him and become friend and to buy him a couple more years of life.

So tonight my hat is off to Joe, and my heart weighs heavy with sorrow for the loss of my friend.

Sorry to hear about losing a friend. The great thing they leave us though is memories of good times and moments that we will carry as long as we can.

Friends we choose. Sounds like you had a good one there.

Yes, sorry for your loss. I'm assuming you're a doctor? My wife is an RN and gets to meet some really interesting and awsome people. Her and two other nurses still go eat dinner with the husband of a women who died of cancer in their care. It's his his way of thanking them for the care they gave his wife before she passed.

I am an RN. I used to work on an Oncology floor for almost 10yrs and have been doing Bone Marrow Transplants for almost 9yrs. That is the hardest part of the job is sometimes you really get to know the patients and their families for good or for bad.