Please Take A Look

nhglyn

Background:

59+++ years old, not 60 yet

In the process of losing 20+ lbs

Been shooting USPSA for 5 years, started late

"A" level Open shooter for 2 years now

Live in NH so practice during Nov-April limited

Here are 2 videos of me shooting within the past year. First involves positioning (infamous stage 2 at this years Florida Open) and the second has some running in it, so two different types of stages. In my major match results I hover between 65%-70% of the winning GM's (40th at this years Florida Open) but I would like to improve. My accuracy and points are always pretty good but I am always many seconds behind the GM's with my times, so this is where I am losing positions in the standings.

What suggestions do you have to get me from point A to point B to point C and then get out of them so I can finish in less overall time? Moving? Transitions? Splits? Suggestions always appreciated.

Stage 2 of this years Florida Open :

Stage from 2008 Area 7 Match:

Glyn, I think the Florida open stage was a bad one to use. We shot slow on that stage because of the way the targets were hidden. The targets were easy open targets but because of the work it took to find them we did not shoot the splits that we normally would shoot. We let the stage distract us from the shooting.

On courses with movement keep the gun up when you move. Be ready to shoot a step early. Sneak that last step into position and be able to fire when the trailing foot lifts up. Blast out of the position. Call the last shot and drive on.

Plan the movement better in the walk through. Think about leaving the position.

Transitions the close ones are good. The longer ones hurt.Call your shot at the break of the shot instead of waiting for the dot to return Get your eyes onto the next target with speed ahead of the gun see the center of the target then the dot appears.

Do you reloads up and in front of your face. It will help you pick the next target out quicker.

You also need to believe you can do it. I know you can.

Tough love alert.

A7 stage DRAW! RUN! DIG! Put the sight on target.

Your transistion from Bank A of Targets to Bank B was very slow. There might be a second a stage there alone.

As mentioned all target trans and splits seemed slow. Bank B looked like open targets at 7-8 yards? In the winning A class Open thats prob .15-.18 for both splits/trans. Don't get hung up on numbers though get hung up on improving. Just trying give you a frame of reference.

Its looks like you could have shot coming into and out of that first position too. There is .3-.5 right there.

Steel seemed perfect.

on the A7 stage you started with your feet at the FRONT of the start box ...... At most major matches the start boxes are nailed or staked down, so use that to your advantage. Put your strong side foot on the BACK of the box and "push off". Sort of like a runner using the starting blocks at the beginning of a race.

Jake D has a short video on youtube that shows how to move more efficient from a standing position -

Also it looked like you did not feel that comfortable shooting on the move. If you were to take a class from one of the top shooters they could help you with this areas.

Edited by KGentry