Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First multi gun match

I have been shooting local ipsc for just shy of a year and have been wanting to shoot a multi gun match all winter. Yesterday was the first match since fall so i jumped on the opportunity and had a blast. Funny how you make a plan and when the buzzer goes off the plan goes byby. The most fun I had was with the shotgun, blasting the little plates and lots of reloads(4 +1 round capacity). I cant wait to shoot the next one next month.

I have been shooting local ipsc for just shy of a year and have been wanting to shoot a multi gun match all winter. Yesterday was the first match since fall so i jumped on the opportunity and had a blast. Funny how you make a plan and when the buzzer goes off the plan goes byby. The most fun I had was with the shotgun, blasting the little plates and lots of reloads(4 +1 round capacity). I cant wait to shoot the next one next month.

Welcome to the addiction.

ha ha thanks guys, I have been hooked on IPSC for the last year so I have no idea how I am going to be able to afford to shoot 4 matches a month. Might have to sacrafice a pistol match or two. I am getting classified in L-10 right now and want to get classified in Limited and production also. Why does all this fun stuff have to cost more money than I have? I am looking forward to shooting more multi gun matches, it is a rush and very addicting. My girlfriend is not going to be happy. :unsure:

It used to be that when people asked me how much money I spend on this game I would think about a percentage of disposable income and some other nonsense. Now I have to be honest and just say "All of it". I should have tried crack first. It's probably cheaper and less addicting.

I have gotten her to shoot a couple speed steel matches but she is just not really into it. She also doesn't like all the time consumed reloading, sorting brass, cleaning guns etc, etc. I sell some of the brass I pick up to fund bullets and match fees so that keeps her content most of the time. I will have to agree with you outerlimits, all of my extra money (if there is such a thing) goes into match fees or reloading.