Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warren/Sevigny Sights for an M&P

Cy Soto

Cy, Another option is you could order the sights and ask someone local to install. Our Steve M. is now working on M&Ps.

That's an option. I would prefer to have them installed with a sight pusher (instead of a brass punch) to make sure that there are no installation marks on the sights. Especially the front blade which I have heard many say that it is a PITA to install.

FYI, I wrote an email to our friends at MLE (to which they replied in record time) and they don't install sights.

Cy..

I know Steve worked on his M&P, also might check with Steve Pitt and Kevin Klesser..think they have done some M&P work at WPGC.

other possibilities..Ted O has a couple of M&Ps that he has setup with sights so he might have a sight pusher or Roger S.

Cy, Another option is you could order the sights and ask someone local to install. Our Steve M. is now working on M&Ps.

That's an option. I would prefer to have them installed with a sight pusher (instead of a brass punch) to make sure that there are no installation marks on the sights. Especially the front blade which I have heard many say that it is a PITA to install.

FYI, I wrote an email to our friends at MLE (to which they replied in record time) and they don't install sights.

I did mine on a vertical mill (Bridgeport.) I just stuck a dowell in the chuck and the slide in a vice. I then ran the knee up until the sight was centered in the slide. Make sure they push against the dovetail, not the sight blade. Anyone with access to a machine shop should be able to do this for you.

It is a very tight fit.

I did mine on a vertical mill (Bridgeport.) I just stuck a dowell in the chuck and the slide in a vice. I then ran the knee up until the sight was centered in the slide. Make sure they push against the dovetail, not the sight blade. Anyone with access to a machine shop should be able to do this for you.

It is a very tight fit.

You might want to give Chris Patty over at CPWSA a try, I sent him my slide and he installed my Sevigny's and had them on the way back the very same day. Turnaround time there and back was probably three or four days, he's also a vendor on this forum.