Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well,

We are though the evidence and will hear arguments tomorrow. Might get to start deliberations tomorrow PM. Looks like I will be there Monday at least.

Later,

Chuck

PS: The judge mentioned that he just got his Jury Duty summons. He does get excused, though :rolleyes:

BTW: I am not complaining, it is just that I had not heard of anyone 2 for 2 before. My employer pays full pay for any amount of time.

In Idaho they take Jury Duty rather serious. So far I am 3 ro 3 over the past 8 years. (If you serve you get a bye for the next 24 months. During one of the trials the judge called a recess, instructed the jury to stand fast, and had a young lady brought in by the balliff. He allowed her to provide excuses as to why she did not report for jury duty. (She had quite a few.) Afterwards, the judge said, "Thank you. $300.00 fine and three days in jail." The balliff took her away in cuffs. All twelve of us had that "Good thing we showed up" look on our faces when we went back to the jury room.

In Idaho they take Jury Duty rather serious. So far I am 3 ro 3 over the past 8 years. (If you serve you get a bye for the next 24 months. During one of the trials the judge called a recess, instructed the jury to stand fast, and had a young lady brought in by the balliff. He allowed her to provide excuses as to why she did not report for jury duty. (She had quite a few.) Afterwards, the judge said, "Thank you. $300.00 fine and three days in jail." The balliff took her away in cuffs. All twelve of us had that "Good thing we showed up" look on our faces when we went back to the jury room.

Go judge!

• 3 weeks later...

I was serving on a Federal Grand Jury ( 1 year term) and was summoned for local jury duty. I thought I would get a pass, The judge tried to figure out a way to do both and then gave up and let me off, after taking all day to do it. When I moved to Arizona a jury summons showed up with the moving van!

I don't think so --- involuntary servitude involves lack of compensation......

I would say $30 bucks a day is a lack of compensation. :roflol:

I was never compensated for the week I stood around waiting to see if I'd be called--which was also involuntary. And not only was I not compensated for my time, I lost income as a result of our jury duty process.

Here is a link to the 13th Amendment: http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/co...ndmentxiii.html

Nowhere does the Constitution say it's ok if you're compensated. Didn't slaves receive compesation for their efforts? After all, they did receive food and shelter.

I'm not so sure the draft is constitutional either.

I'm a little late to the topic but 2 times in a row heck how about every time. I've been summoned for county circuit court twice, federal once, and a local grand jury once. I ended up serving every time and they even drew my name twice for the grand jury because I got picked as the foreman to boot.