Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Power Users Only :) What's Your Favorite Keyboard?

• 3 years later...

I finally took the plunge - I'm up and running on the Das Keyboard (for Mac). (No driver required.)

It is the shit. The key action is better/unlike any keyboard I've ever tried.

Why I hesitated so long - On my old keyboard, I use, daily, about a dozen hot keys to launch various apps, folders, and files. I could not live w/o those keys. But the workaround was the app Keyboard Maestro. Which is a crazy powerful app that will automate way more functions than just launching apps/files/folders.

I couldn't figure out how to get Keyboard Maestro to program a (one-hand only) button to function as a browser back button though (for high-speed forum browsing). But the final workaround was Mac's OS supports that. (System Prefs/Keyboard & Mouse/Keyboard Shortcuts/Application Keyboard Shortcuts)

The backspace key is a bit squeaky though. I may have to see if they want to buy some Slide-Glide to lube their keyboards up with before shipmenmt. :D (Last video at the bottom of the page.)

be

I still like to break out my IBM Model M! Buckling springs baby! :cheers:

Lately I've been hacking on a Cherry board with browns and I like my blue board wearing vintage double shots! :D