Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

aquascaping

steel1212

redcherrygroup.jpg

tropicsunset2.jpg

boesmani.jpg

Images aren't mine but that is a pic of the Cherry Shrimp, the "Sunset" Plant, and Boesmani Rainbow fish.

I have 3 fish tanks. One is a 94 gallon corner tank with 2 very large pacu and a very large oscar and some tiger loaches. Not a whole lot of aquascaping goes on in that tank due to the fish. If they don't like where you put something they move it. So it basically has a pile of drift wood in the back so the tiger loaches can hang out. My living room upstairs has a 75 gallon community tank that centers around some very select rainbows. That tank always gets ohhhs and ahhhhs from people coming in the front door. It has all live plants and a variety of some rare fish. My favorite is my 30 gallon tank that sits in my office that I'm looking at right now as I type this. The main thing in this tank is 100+ cherry shrimp. These little guys roam around the tank picking at this and that and even breed quite well. The tank is packed full of plants centering around Hygrophilia Polysperma "sunset", yeah it has no common name that I'm aware of. This plant is very hard to find and can't be shipped but does quite well with high light output.

I'm not very good with the camera or I would take some pics. I might try to get the missus to take some pics with here new camera though. It just relaxes me to sit and watch the little ecosystems as they do their thing. As a kid I had a 30 gallon in my grandparents house and I would sit and what it for hours it seems like.

Edited by steel1212