Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optic Front for Benelli Ghost Ring

Silverscooby27

Unfortunately and hastily, I purchased the 18.5 inch Benelli M2 with Ghost Ring sights that I plan to use for 3 gun. I'd like to use a F.O. front sight that fits inside the ghost ring. Does anybody make anything like this? Thanks!

I'm not clear on what you had in mind, but is this what you're looking for?

http://www.lpasights.com/catalog3.html

Yes, kind of, but I'm looking for a fiber optic that I can just drop right into the Benelli front to replace the post, which is currently held on by a locknut. Something that I wouldn't have to replace the entire front sight.

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a company that made a drop in fiber front sight for these guns. I tried to get one a couple of years ago and either they have changed names or gone out of business. I have a friend with one of their sights on his M1. I am sorry that I can't remember the name of the company, I had found it in an old brownell's catalog.

Since I could not find anyone selling a FO sight, I drilled my origional sight through (.040") and then plunged a hole from the top to let in light. I put a piece of fiber in. It is not super bright, but it works for me. I suppose that you could take a longer piece of fiber and bend it down in front of the post to brighten it up.

I looked at the AR posts, You will either have to open the hole in your front sight base up or turn down the threaded portion of the AR sight and re-thread it to allow it to fit the base. You will also have to grind flats on the flange of the AR sight if you want to use the protective wings. Not that these things couldn't be done, I found it easier to drill my front sight.

Hurley