Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pulling front sight

powerx4

Hey guys need some help I am noticing that my support hand is pulling my front sight to the left it feels like my support arm is shorter than my on hand arm any suggestions on form to correct this? I also have another problem after shooting 4,5,or 6 rounds I notice my support hand slipping of my on hand some what due to recoil and it seeming like I am shorter on that side. Iam shooting a glock 34 and 17 Thanks

Edited by powerx4

Hey guys need some help I am noticing that my support hand is pulling my front sight to the left it feels like my support arm is shorter than my on hand arm any suggestions on form to correct this? I also have another problem after shooting 4,5,or 6 rounds I notice my support hand slipping of my on hand some what due to recoil and it seeming like I am shorter on that side. Iam shooting a glock 34 and 17 Thanks

Well, it could be your stance, position of your support hand, overgriping, undergripping, or not gripping the gun high enough, etc.... I would suggest spending the money to buy one of the many videos by GM's that show proper grip and stance. If omeny is really type there are some prety good Utube video.

My best guess is that you are not gripping the gun with your support hand high enough.

It is not uncommon for Glock Shooters to shoot to the left and a little low. I had the same situation with a 17. One of the people I talked with about this is a local Police Department trainer who confirmed that the Glock trigger caues many people to shoot low and left. May just have to get used to the trigger.

Thanks to all for the comments

It is not uncommon for Glock Shooters to shoot to the left and a little low. I had the same situation with a 17.

But you're right-handed. A lefty Glocker like myself, pulling shots to the left, is a VERY uncommon thing.

I'm going to echo Flex's comment. Are you doing the majority of the squeezing with your off-hand? The best thing to do would be to get a close-up video of your grip when firing. I suspect a lack of pressure from the weak hand is causing your right hand to slip. I'm guessing you're shooting thumbs-forward, as this problem is more common that way.

Also, are you applying lots of pressure with your right thumb on the frame? That will absolutely push your sight to the left. I use a bit of pressure with the right thumb to keep me from pulling shots to the RIGHT with the strong hand. This tendency shows up for me outside of 15+ yards.