Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I learned something while shooting last night.

Jimlakeside

While shooting groups last night I observed that once I fired and the sights lifted my finger wanted to pull the trigger again before I could align the sights on the target with my eyes. It's like my finger has a mind of it's own urging me to pull the trigger before my eyes could align the sights back on the target. When I shoot before I have the sights aligned it always results in a poor shot. It's like a little war going on in my head. Any suggestions on how to discipline my finger?

that's funny, your finger just loves to shoot! Itchy trigger finger indeed! Practice practice practice. Make yourself pause between shots. Maybe consider concentrating on how slow you can squeeze the trigger, let the speed happen naturally after.

Your finger does have a mind of its own! It misses the feel of the contact with the trigger. My fix is my finger never leaves the trigger(except when moving/reloading :roflol: ). I just release the trigger just enough to reset the sear so my triggers mind does'nt miss being one with the trigger. My other mind watches the sights and all the minds become happy. :cheers:

Your finger does have a mind of its own! It misses the feel of the contact with the trigger. My fix is my finger never leaves the trigger(except when moving/reloading :roflol: ). I just release the trigger just enough to reset the sear so my triggers mind does'nt miss being one with the trigger. My other mind watches the sights and all the minds become happy. :cheers:

Whoa...I'm impressed...very profound

You'll be posting in the Zen section before you know it :roflol:

Seriously, that was good

A friend of mine said something like, "Don't squeeze the trigger until you have the sight picture you WANT." For me it simply meant slowing down ever so slightly--long enough to obtain that "wanted" sight picture--and it improved the target score immensely... to say the least.