Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield XDM 9mm

cd0306

to begin with the xdm9 is a hi-cap model, if it's like the new xdm40 it has better stock sights than then regular xd, I'm still planning on changing mine, But still better sights than stock xd, has the rails to mount varies lights or lasers :rolleyes:

I was originally looking to buy an XD40 Tactical but then happened upon the XDM9 which I ulitmately bought. THe XDM slide is tapered towards the top and give a more "streamlined" look & feel. The biggest plus to me was that the XDM has 3 changeable backstraps to vary the size of the grip which made the gun fit and feel better. The grip is also more textured than the XD. The XD has a 5" barrel compared the 4.5" of the XDM.

My XD9 rocks! I am looking at the XDM9mm right now. The factory sights are not great, and the trigger is about 6lbs easy. The magazines for the XDM are about ten dollars more than the XD and they are different enough that the XD magazines will not work in the XDM.

My XD9 rocks! I am looking at the XDM9mm right now. The factory sights are not great, and the trigger is about 6lbs easy. The magazines for the XDM are about ten dollars more than the XD and they are different enough that the XD magazines will not work in the XDM.

Im a new shooter. But out of the box the match grade barrel is amazingly accurate. I dont have the old XD but the XDM is worth looking at. I paid about 580.00 so if you want a cost effective 9mm with the highest round capacity and match grade barrel. There you go.

I pick up the XDM 9mm SS/OD Green for production. $589 from Northwest Firearms. This will be my first year shooting IPSA and I did quite a bit of research. my brother shoots the XD tactical and side by side in practice we find that XDM is more accurate. I have pretty big hands but still use the small backstrap. I can really get a controlling grip with it. I've got about 500 rounds through mine now with no malfunctions. They are finally starting to make more upgrades for the XDM too. The only thing that I wish were a little better out of the box was the trigger. Before buying I had contimplated the M&P pro but went with the XDM. I got to shoot a guys M&P at the range and liked the stock trigger but that was the only thing that I found that I liked better on the S&W

post-17187-1234282334_thumb.jpg

I was fortunate enough to get one of the first XDm in 9 several months ago. I am a Glock shooter by trade, but was willing to give something different a try. I shoot USPSA Production and IDPA. Keep in my mind, my comments are a direct comparison between what I'm used to (Glock 17) and something quite different (XDm). I thought the XD was very accurate. I shot my match load through it, plus several known very accurate 9mm loads in bullet weights from 115 to 147. My only issue was the inability to adjust the rear sight (mine were fixed). This narrows your load selection that can be used (I use Dawson Target rear sights on the Glocks) to get the gun to shoot point of aim. I did NOT like the trigger. The pull weight is standard board of fare for a production class gun, but I thought the reset was considerable further than the Glock trigger. This is contrary to Springfields claim that it's the best trigger available on a production gun. The mag release did not work for MY grip. When I would depress the mag release, it would bind up on my middle finger on of my shooting hand, and hang up the mag. Remember this a true ambi mag release, depending on your grip, results may vary. I did like the ability to change the backstrap to suit your grip. I did not care for the deep, blocky grip surface. It offered a good gripping surface, but I think you would be hard pressed to add grip tape to it, and keep it in place. Overall, a good gun that begs to be sent to S.A.'s custom shop for trigger work and sights. I personally didn't think I would gain much if any advantage by switching to the XDm. This is just my humble opinion, and I'm wrong alot.

I like the idea behind the "M" guns but for USPSA I don't see any major advantage over a tricked out 9mm Tactical. I mean most of us are going to change the sights, have the trigger worked and a few other little things to either one of them. The "M" is more expensive and the mags cost more. I mean the tactical I had was accurate enough for what we do. I do like the idea of 16+1 or 19+1 for a night stand/truck/camp gun though :D