Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-75B SA Factory Trigger Job Problems

spencerhut

My wife's CZ-75B SA was sent to CZ for trigger job and since she got it back we've been getting intermittent lite strikes. She can re-cock the gun and get them to go off on the second or third try, but I'd like to just swap the spring out and be done with it.

What weight CZ-75 main/hammer spring will reliably set off CCI primers? 15lb?

My SP-01 Shadow has 13 lbs mainspring from Angus. Have never had any malfunctions with CCI #500 primers or any other brand.

In SA gun mainspring has little to do with trigger pull weight. Put 15-16 lbs spring if you feel the problem is mainspring.

a full 13# or 15# mainspring should set off everything..

I'm running a 15# clipped two coils in one gun and it'll run Speer Lawman ammo perfectly.

my other one with a 13# clipped need a little more tweaking..but it will set off everything now too.

My SP-01 Shadow has 13 lbs mainspring from Angus. Have never had any malfunctions with CCI #500 primers or any other brand.

In SA gun mainspring has little to do with trigger pull weight. Put 15-16 lbs spring if you feel the problem is mainspring.

Good info, I've got several main springs and did not want to ruin the trigger pull by putting something too stiff in it. I'll go ahead and try a 15 or 16lb and see if it helps.

Thank You.

About four years ago I sent my CZ to Angus for conversion to SA only. It came back with a very light trigger, awesome! But I got the light strikes as you described. I switched to a 16lb hammer spring and the problem went away. Later I went to a 18lb spring to increase the pull weight.

Edited by 19852

• 1 year later...

Back from the dead with what really happened. Turns out the over travel screw was the problem. If you adjust the over travel screw just a little bit too far in it will prevent the firing pin block from fully retracting. So we had to choose between a good reset and or consistent firing. Guess what we choose?

Back from the dead with what really happened. Turns out the over travel screw was the problem. If you adjust the over travel screw just a little bit too far in it will prevent the firing pin block from fully retracting. So we had to choose between a good reset and or consistent firing. Guess what we choose?

glad the problem got solved.

overtravel or pretravel? seems like it would the pretravel adjustment keeping the triggerbar from coming forward enough to pick up the FPB lever.

just curious

overtravel or pretravel? seems like it would the pretravel adjustment keeping the triggerbar from coming forward enough to pick up the FPB lever.

just curious

I may be using the incorrect terminology. The very small allen head screw you can see in the trigger. I've always heard them referred to as over travel screws on 1911's. Just assumed CZ called them the same thing.

just curious

I may be using the incorrect terminology. The very small allen head screw you can see in the trigger. I've always heard them referred to as over travel screws on 1911's. Just assumed CZ called them the same thing.

nope you got it..that's the overtravel adjustment.

the pretravel adjustment is at the top of the trigger and is accessed through the frame.

• 2 months later...

Turns out the over travel screw was the problem. If you adjust the over travel screw just a little bit too far in it will prevent the firing pin block from fully retracting. So we had to choose between a good reset and or consistent firing. Guess what we choose?

You could have chosen to remove the firing pin block which also shortens the trigger reset and makes for a crisper feel.

Angus does this on request with a written request/waiver from the customer.