Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some Of The Things I've Learned So Far...

Liota

I've been mostly lurking for about 7 months now and have learned quite a bit, I think.

Here are a couple.

1. Just shoot. Don't let emotion come into the stage. There's time for celebration or crying later.

2. Stay away from the scoreboard. It leads to a violation of #1.

3. Watch the front sight/dot. See it rise. See where it settles. (This worked really well at A4 this year. If no mikes, I would have won my class. Took 2nd)

4. Dry fire a lot. Engrain good habits.

Liota

about #2 if you follow #1, then #2 isn't a big deal, you NEED to check your scores, scorekeepers are overworked and underpaid. Mistakes happen. There is no need to be afraid of the score board.

Not until the match is done.

Liota

What I learned yesterday working on my reloads is that a good grip on the mag during a reload is just as important as a good grip on the gun during a draw. If I slip and just have the thing by the basepad, sometimes I'll get lucky and wobble-jockey it home, other times it hits the deck.

Reloads off the ground are slow.

Checking the scores can help sometimes,,,,,,

Lets you know if other newbies are tanking a stage,,,,,it can tell you to slow down and focus or where you need to rock and roll.

Look at the hf's and the point totals,,,,,do a little math and you can easily determine how you need to approach a lot of stages.

But, that's the gamer's approach. :rolleyes:

H4444