Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miamisburg Sportsmen’s Club Classifier Match (March 8) - Ohio

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call for help...

Hey all. I've been talking with a new (to us) shooter by the name of Aaron. He is in the Air Force at Wright-Pat. Wife, toddler and an 8 month old...he is getting ready to deploy to A-stan for 15 months. He was wanting to brush up on his shooting. He can make this match, then the Steel Challenge match at C-ville (3rd Saturday). I worked with him a bit last weekend. He is an excellent shot.

I won't make the M-burg match. I was hoping that some of you might look after him?

I suspect he will be shooting a Beretta 9mm (though he has a 1911). His only holster is a thigh rig and I think he only has 3 mags.

Can somebody loan him some gear for the M-burg match?

Kyle, this months match is a all-classifier match so he should be ok on the mag situation, although I dont know about the thigh holster. Is it ok for military members to use a thigh-rig? :huh:

We will certainly look after him, as one of our own. :)

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Kyle, this months match is a all-classifier match so he should be ok on the mag situation, although I dont know about the thigh holster. Is it ok for military members to use a thigh-rig? :huh:

+1. We'll take care of him.

What does he need besides the holster?

Edited by pas44

+1. We'll take care of him.

What does he need besides the holster?

...I've got a spare gun or two if need be...

Yeah great match Gerald.

Great to see so many forum members as well. Besides Gerald (schulg), there was Mark Anderson (mda) Joel Quimby (hk_mtbr) Paul (pas44) Rueben (Pittbug) Adrian Sorah, Rick (blankyrick) Paul (prh) and myself.

Kyle's new friend Aaron not only showed up ultra-early, but he showed tremendous enthusiasm in learning everything he possibly could. He sounds like me when I was his age. Says he just loves to shoot guns ... any kind of guns. ALL kind of guns. :D

Chuck Bradley & Tony Pignato were no-shows. :unsure:

But it was alot of fun watching THE Bob Vogel attempt to make OPEN GM with iron sights. The results aren't out yet, but Bob's pretty sure he made it. Does anyone know if there's ever been a USPSA / IPSC shooter who made OPEN GM with iron sights ???

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Yeah great match Gerald.

But it was alot of fun watching THE Bob Vogel attempt to make OPEN GM with iron sights. The results aren't out yet, but Bob's pretty sure he made it. Does anyone know if there's ever been a USPSA / IPSC shooter who made OPEN GM with iron sights ???

Yup great match.

Bob's Glock was shooting real flat too. What was he running? 9/40. I was glad to get to watch him shoot the 3 course marathon thing you guys were doing...he made it look sooo easy - real smooth... :bow:

...meanwhile I picked up the new-today annoying habit of knocking my safety ON...did it twice...that is new and will hopefully work out this week :angry:

But I got to run my first match with my own reloads...that was REAL cool...

And Chris' blaster is way cool.

Good day

Joel, You didnt get the email? :huh: Came out last night around 11:00-11:30. But yeah it's on USPSA under the Local Match Results tab. OH04 is the club code

They probably couldn't read my chicken scratching...

Thanks for getting the results up so fast guys!

:cheers:

The email would go out automatically if you have your email address listed with USPSA. When the scores go up on the uspsa site...and email is auto generated and sent to members. (so...if you didn't get an email from USPSA informing that a match you shoot in has posted results...then you might want to update your USPSA info)

The email would go out automatically if you have your email address listed with USPSA. When the scores go up on the uspsa site...and email is auto generated and sent to members. (so...if you didn't get an email from USPSA informing that a match you shoot in has posted results...then you might want to update your USPSA info)

Or send me your email address and i'll add you to my dist list. I'll make any corrections to the scores when I get home tonight. Joel, if you put your email address on the scoresheet, I probably missed it. I'll check later.

Or send me your email address and i'll add you to my dist list. I'll make any corrections to the scores when I get home tonight. Joel, if you put your email address on the scoresheet, I probably missed it. I'll check later.

Thanks Paul...pm sent

Kyle's new friend Aaron not only showed up ultra-early, but he showed tremendous enthusiasm in learning everything he possibly could. He sounds like me when I was his age. Says he just loves to shoot guns ... any kind of guns. ALL kind of guns. :D

I got an email from him. Sounds like he had a good time.

Thanks all ! :cheers: