Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Michigan State Campionship

Well, we finished, and it only took twelve years. The club had been planning on hosting the 1991 State Championships when our neighbors kicked a fuss (just coincidental) and tried to close us. We won.

The match had 138 shooters, eight stages, 192 rounds, and a barely-clothed mannequin.

I shot so much I wore a blister in my trigger finger.

Results; www.livingstongunclub.org

(admin edit to make link active)

Edited by Flexmoney

Hmmm . . . maybe we could load my gear and me into a big canvas sack? The ride would be bumpy, but I think it might chafe a bit less. :lol:

Seriously, though . . . one of the reasons I've never been to a match at your club is that I've heard about the layout and been advised by my brother and some other friends that I would have a lot of trouble getting down to the ranges and back out. Would you let me use my truck or someone else's?

I know some ranges have the "if one person walks, everyone walks" sort of unwritten rules, so I understand if that's the case.

A truck would get you onto three, maybe four of the seven ranges. (Nine if we meet the fundraising expectations and get some more dirt moved.) The others would require a dirtbike (no way, Jose) or a litter and eight bearers.

Of the seven, only #7 is tough We have stairs or a gentle slope of the land for access to the rest.

I'm shooting ICORE at Dorr. As for vehicles, we only allow handicapped to drive onto the ranges. We had a real pain in the butt member who would park his truck on the firing line. Refused to wear hearing protection (real old-time pain in the a** "been shooting before you were born" type) and as a result would often walk out to check targets (he was done shooting after all, what's your problem?) without telling anyone.

We slapped him real hard for quite some time before he snapped to. The result was a club rule, no vehicles on the ranges except for Jack who is in a wheelchair.

When I win the Big Game lotto, I'll install escalators.

I'm shooting ICORE at Dorr. As for vehicles, we only allow handicapped to drive onto the ranges.

Well, I don't have handicapped license plates, but according to the American With Disabilities Act :mellow: I am "disabled."

On the bright side, I don't use a walker anymore and I haven't used my cane since last year except while I a had a sprained ankle in July. :D

Sorry for the topic drift . . .

So I go to my local match at Rayner's Range...and get to hear about the MI match that I missed.

Sounded like a good one. And, while I am hearing the report...Mrs. Rayner tells me how she won an M1 Garand in a drawing. Then...Bill Attamante (runs the Cleveland area club) tells me he won a Springfield XD (and won Limited 10).

oh....woe is me. :mellow: