Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slow and Older...

Mikej

I am one slow mofo and shoot with a bunch of really fast guys. Nobody cares. The only time I have ever seen fellow shooters get testy is if someone doesn't do their fair share taping/setting steel which slows the day down way more than my meandering through the course after the start buzzer goes off.

Go have fun and enjoy.

:surprise:

Mike:

Im getting ready to have my right knee replaced and Im 65 years old,all of what these guys

have said about "COME OUT SHOOT WITH US IS TRUE"

I havent done much revolver shooting= these guys are some really great people

and its my pleasure to know the ones I do.

They will help you and show you the ropes :roflol:

Jim/PA

Sailors custom :rolleyes::D

Thanks again everybody. Nothing new to say here, I just wanted to post again and see if it said 14 posts. All my posts today have said 14 posts.

Dang, it said 15

Edited by Mikej

I'm with J, if they have a problem send them our way. We have a couple of relatively new SuperSeniors that go at each other hard every week. I get the biggest kick out of RO'ing these guys. Of course I generate as much trash talk as possible. :devil: It's refreshing to see people shoot with no expectations except comradarie and fun.

The one other regular revolver shooter at our local matches is a man in his mid seventies. While he's not competative because of his lack of mobility, it's rare that he shoots anything but A's. The speed in which he shoots the course (or lack there of) is not an issue.

Of course we also have a WW2 veteran who shoots a SIG and does pretty well for himself. :D

Edited by cas

I am one slow mofo and shoot with a bunch of really fast guys. Nobody cares. The only time I have ever seen fellow shooters get testy is if someone doesn't do their fair share taping/setting steel which slows the day down way more than my meandering through the course after the start buzzer goes off.

Go have fun and enjoy.

Exactly. The slowest shooter might add five minutes to the entire day, slow taping will add hours. Be a helpful soul and you'll be everyone's favorite quickly.

H.

I am 52 and not as spry (see, that is an old person word) as I used to be. Add to that the fact that I plan to shoot a 625 and I am starting to wonder if I will slow down the process too much at a match. I think with some time that I could do OK, but I am worried about the first matches. I do not want to be a problem to the established shooters. Is this a real concern or should I just go shoot and have fun?

Mike,

I shot two IRC's using a cane after heel and then toe surgery and everyone was supportive, go shoot and enjoy. I also shot a Steel Challenge using a cane to get around and at the big match nothing but good cheer.