Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PMC ammo - burnt my comp

Shay1911

Load and barrel length have an effect, but all current comps will erode, as will the inside of your gas blocks and gas port holes, albeit slower. There is one comp on the market that allows the first erosion surface to be replaced, which may be the most ingenious and useful feature of all.

I had one of the originally pictured comps and it was heading south pretty fast after 2000 rounds. Original JP with over 6K rounds on it and no discernable erosion. Current version JP with 3100 rounds and noticeable erosion on the first baffle. My Nordic now has about 3500 rounds on it and maybe just a touch of erosion starting.

Slow powders and or short barrels definately are harder on comps than long barrels and or fast powders. If you have a $100 comp that lasts 10K rounds, it costs you $.01 per round, not much. Is $.05 per round too much?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an AAC brake/suppressor QD mount on one of my ARs and noticed a buildup that was like a "mountain w/o a top" pointing toward the chamber. It happened after I got my CMMG .22lr conversion kit and fired 500ish Remington subsonics through it. I was too scared to shoot a 5.56 through it and had to chisel it off with a flat screw driver. It was crazy. Other brands of ammo do it a little but the Remington's are horrible.

• 1 month later...