Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Choate Extension Tube...?

Chris

Hi,

Here's the setup, Remington 11-87 Special Purpose with 21" Rem-Choke barrel. Which Choate tube will fit flush with the barrel and give me 8+1 in the gun?

I called Choate and talked to the man himself and he was totally clueless. He kept telling me that the SP guns had a shorter magazine than the regular guns (he wasn't 100% sure though). So, he told me to get the 9 shot extension. Now, is their extension 9 rounds total or 8+1 rounds? Even more confusing, Brownells lists them as 5 shot extension, 6 shot extension, etc...

ARRGH! :wacko:

If you're worried about the length, the answer is simple: measure from the cap at the end of the magazine to the end of the barrel, and tell Choate you want one "that long".

If you're more interested in the capacity, let me know. I have a Rem-1100 "Special Field" and a variety of extended tubes from over the years, I can track down which length gives you 8+1. I don't think you'll be able to get 8+1 in a tube that fits flush with the 21" barrel (the fore-end - and hence the built-in mag tube - is shorter than a "normal" 1100)

Bruce

I picked up an 11-87 21" SP barrel off Ebay and I am using it on my 1100 (works fine) and I put the Choat 9 shot extension and it is perfect. I got the parkerized version and it matches the barrel and the rest of the gun because I have it matte finished. I can provide pics if you need them.

Neal in AZ

I picked up an 11-87 21" SP barrel off Ebay and I am using it on my 1100 (works fine) and I put the Choat 9 shot extension and it is perfect. I got the parkerized version and it matches the barrel and the rest of the gun because I have it matte finished. I can provide pics if you need them.

Neal in AZ

Intel6,

If you can send me a picture that would be great, my email is in my profile. Where did you get the tube from? I'm guessing this would be the 5 round extension that Brownells lists.

Thanks